You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Suggestion / wish for UNIX shell syntax highlighter

Suggestion / wish for UNIX shell syntax highlighter

#1 Suggestion / wish for UNIX shell syntax highlighter

Posted by: dirks | Date: 2014-02-18 15:10 | IP: IP Logged

The words "case" and "esac" should be highlighted like "do" and "done". This should be easy smiling smiley

Only if possible:
sh/ksh/bash-like UNIX shells have a more complex syntax and it would be very helpful if more parts could be highlighted.

The full syntax for "if" is
if ...
then
[elif ...
then
...]
[else
...]
fi

Now, only the "if" and the "fi" are marked as belonging together. It would be nice if the "then"s and all optional parts in between were highlighted, too, because it is too easy to write
if ...
then
elif ...
fi
and forget the "then" after the "elif". Also, when you have nested "if"s, it would be good to see which "elif" or "else" belongs to which "if ... fi"

grinning smiley

I know nothing about the internal highlighters, are they written by hand or do you use some publicly available module? In the latter case, I might be able to help if I knew what it is smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Suggestion / wish for UNIX shell syntax highlighter

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-02-18 19:18 | IP: IP Logged

There is a limitation for pair of the words to highlight. I can't highlight several words at once

#3 Re: Suggestion / wish for UNIX shell syntax highlighter

Posted by: dirks | Date: 2014-02-24 17:13 | IP: IP Logged

Ok. Then the actual behaviour is the best, of course.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR