You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-02-21 15:29 | IP: IP Logged

No, please no premium features. Donating will be fine.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-02-21 16:49 | IP: IP Logged

Donations don't work. You can see the result on PSPad donation page.

#13 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2014-02-22 13:57 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
So Crapware is part of the PSPad installer? Why do you do that?

I think it would be better to sell premium features instead of going over to the dark side.

How clever you are.

It seems you don't know how much work such different licenses and compilation would be.

Me think Jan better code, fix bugs and add features than be such a bussiness man.

SO just enjoy a freeware programmers editor and do a donation to avoid such refinancing.

If you be afriad about crapware, just try another editor.

--
Stefan (pleased user since 1722)
Do you know you can spend Jan a beer? (click here)
Inofficial FAQs + Infos + Special Settings

#14 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-02-22 14:35 | IP: IP Logged

You are right Stefan. Selling program will consume another time - accountancy, taxes, kepp licenses information from users who bought it...
It will be necessary to modify code to allow access to part with license only and start to fight with crackers...

PSPad is freeware for all, include people who use it for his own business. I don't hide there is included software in installer, you can read it on my page, on main download page, in licence on the start of installer.
I am offering way how to run installer with switch to switch off offers, for installation in commercial environment.
I am offering ZIP version without any included 3rd party soft.

#15 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: pomme | Date: 2014-03-01 23:19 | IP: IP Logged

I love your software and have been using it for years.

I just downloaded it from this website, I was used to have a nice fast and ad-aware free install , and I realized a little too late that I cliked ok for installing one of the many useless crap ( sorry but that's what it is ) that comes with the installer and it hijacked my browser search.

Even if I understand the financial reason of why this is present in your installer, I honestly think this is degrading your hard work on the soft. We have a lot of great quality free software on windows, but if all of them are including ad-aware in their installer I think this is a big waste.

I hope you'll be able to find alternative way to get compensated for your work.

#16 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: Walia | Date: 2015-01-22 13:35 | IP: IP Logged

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-22 13:36 by Walia.

#17 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: Walia | Date: 2015-01-22 13:36 | IP: IP Logged

We need to be careful what we click during installation. Wajam is not dangerous: http //soft2secure com/ knowledgebase/ wajam

Edit by Mod: Adjust the URL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-03 08:21 by Stefan.

#18 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-01-22 13:41 | IP: IP Logged

As I promised, next full version will be free of any bundled software.over whole internet.
I need some time to fix most serious problem before publishing it.

But it's valid what I wrote before - I am responsible for links from pspad.com page. I can't be responsible for any software server over whole internet.

#19 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-01-22 13:44 | IP: IP Logged

I am applying to get official code signing certificate, so I will be able to digitally sign application and installer.

#20 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2017-02-02 15:27 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Donations don't work. You can see the result on PSPad donation page.

This is because you do not listen to your customers. I openend several threads with feature requests in the last 8 years with the promise to donate them on realization, but not one was realized. This is frustrating. E.g. I still wait to be able to delete folders through the FTP Client that contains files or upload non-text files. And yes, I use FTP Clients, but I wouldn't need to open so often a separate FTP Client if those features would be part of PSPad's Client.

My proposal is that you offer PSPad as free version without the FTP Client and as a paid version including it. One of my favorite software I pay for is Manic Time and it costs only 33,50 € per year (50% discount on upgrade):
http //www manictime com/ pricing

I mean... is this to much money? I don't think so.

The FTP Client is no requirement to use PSPad, as there exist Filezilla & Co., but its really comfortable to have it directly inside of PSPad. So I would pay for that functionality. Others won't, but they can still use PSPad and an external FTP Client. So everybody is happy.

And the same goes for other features like Multiline Search Replace.

Finally look at your ad income and now think about 100+ customers paying yearly for a "Pro" version.

Edit by Mod: Adjusted the Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-03 08:23 by Stefan.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR