You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Print the "Code Explorer" tree

Re: Print the "Code Explorer" tree

#1 Print the "Code Explorer" tree

Posted by: bkej | Date: 2014-02-12 16:03 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

The Code Explorer is such a nice tool to have a quick overview of all my Python code !

I can easily see its global variables, imports, classes, methods, etc. That's really great !

What I would love is to be able to Copy/paste this nice TreeView into a nice
A4 landscape paper with three columns in order to .... print it !

Then I would have a paper view of my whole code !

Is this possible ? How to export the content of the Code Explorer (as image or as text content) ?

Thanks.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Print the "Code Explorer" tree

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2014-02-12 16:20 | IP: IP Logged

bkej:
Hello,

The Code Explorer is such a nice tool to have a quick overview of all my Python code !

I can easily see its global variables, imports, classes, methods, etc. That's really great !

What I would love is to be able to Copy/paste this nice TreeView into a nice
A4 landscape paper with three columns in order to .... print it !

Then I would have a paper view of my whole code !

Is this possible ? How to export the content of the Code Explorer (as image or as text content) ?

Thanks.

Hi,
you can use the last (rightmost) icon in the code explorer (paper with pencil) to open the content in a new tab.
The column formatting for printing would be probably best done in an desktop editor like LibreOffice, MS Word etc.

hth,
vbr

#3 Re: Print the "Code Explorer" tree

Posted by: bkej | Date: 2014-02-12 23:01 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the tip. This is cool already!

But it's a shame to loose the nice formatting present in the tree of the Code Explorer (with colors, small icons, bold, etc.).
I would like to copy/paste the whole Tree to an external Word Processor in order to print it.

I have found a dirty way to do it : scroll the scrollbar, and do lots of screenshots and then recombine the whole thing with a Paint software...

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR