You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Possible Backup Bug

Possible Backup Bug

#1 Possible Backup Bug

Posted by: Solidornot | Date: 2014-02-06 05:57 | IP: IP Logged

I have long had PSPad set to backup every 5 minutes to a folder location (D:\Backup\PSPad) where it faithfully built a backup folder mirror containing the files I worked on. Beginning about 6 weeks ago I noticed that PSPad was often saving the backups OVER the ORIGINAL file, rather than to the backup location. It does not do this every time, sometimes saving it to the backup folder as expected but more often simply overwriting the original every five minutes when an open file was changed. I had originally thought there might be some misconfiguration that had crept in at some point. I had installed PSPad years ago and simply updated it from time to time with the beta files. So, I downloaded the latest stable version from last January, installed it clean in a new folder, then updated it with the latest build (4.5.8), which is where my old installation had been, then did the settings from scratch. Unfortunately, the backup issue is still there, with the timed backups usually overwriting the original file rather than writing to the specified backup location.

If there is a chance I have done something wrong, I would appreciate a hint what it might be. Otherwise I suggest this might be a problem that appeared in a recent build.

Thanks ... Solidornot

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR