You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: problem selecting text in column selection type with mouse

Re: problem selecting text in column selection type with mouse

#1 problem selecting text in column selection type with mouse

Posted by: pluto007 | Date: 2014-01-21 12:48 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I've got a problem with selecting text in column selection type.
If I change the selection type to "Column Selection" and click into any text with the mouse to start selecting a column I can see the selection type jumping back to "Normal Selection" in the footer line (symbol is changing).
That means I am not able to select any column by mouse.

If I change the selection type to "Column Selection" and select any text by keyboard, I can select a column just the way I want and the symbol is not changing back to "Normal Selection".

I'm using version 4.5.7.

Do you know anything I could do to change this behavior?

Thanks a lot!

hans

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: problem selecting text in column selection type with mouse

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-21 13:48 | IP: IP Logged

Use Alt+Mouse to directly select column- It's common way how to select block in Windows world

#3 Re: problem selecting text in column selection type with mouse

Posted by: myf | Date: 2014-01-21 14:40 | IP: IP Logged

Confirming OPs remark: simple mouse click really reverts selection type from column to normal, in current dev byuild 4.5.8 too.

Not severe bug, since aforementioned tip about alt+dragging is more than sufficient workaround, but still I cannot see any reason for such behavior.

And maybe it would be worth to remind that it is also possible to use F8 key for making selection range.

#4 Re: problem selecting text in column selection type with mouse

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-21 15:00 | IP: IP Logged

If there is not Alt+Mouse enabled in the program settings, you can select column mode with mouse without reverting to standard selection mode

#5 Re: problem selecting text in column selection type with mouse

Posted by: pluto007 | Date: 2014-01-27 14:08 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks,

that's it!

the ALT-Mouse was enabled.

Thanks!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR