You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Unicode letters create incorrect cursor offsets

Re: Unicode letters create incorrect cursor offsets

#1 Unicode letters create incorrect cursor offsets

Posted by: skibulk | Date: 2014-01-16 03:29 | IP: IP Logged

Given the following text (one line):

136725 1 11461 801 8 こだまの魔道士 "クリーチャー ― 人間・ウィザード" "Lvアップ {1}{U} ({1}{U}:この上にLvカウンターを1個置く。Lvアップはソーサリーとしてのみ行う。)Lv 2-32/4{U}{U}, {T}:インスタント呪文1つかソーサリー呪文1つを対象とし、それをコピーする。あなたはそのコピーの新しい対象を選んでもよい。Lv 4+2/5{U}{U}, {T}:インスタント呪文1つかソーサリー呪文1つを対象とし、それを2回コピーする。あなたはそれらのコピーの新しい対象を選んでもよい。" "Matt Stewart" 32 43/356 COM13_R B N R

When I place the mouse cursor in the middle of the string, the cursor is actually several characters ahead of the character displayed at that position.

So if I want to add or remove characters, I cannot just click where I want to begin editing...

Using PsPad 4.5.7 with monospaced fonts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-16 03:30 by skibulk.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Unicode letters create incorrect cursor offsets

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-16 06:05 | IP: IP Logged

The ruller doesn't count with width of japanese characters sad smiley
Same problem will be with chinese chars.

#3 Re: Unicode letters create incorrect cursor offsets

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2014-01-16 08:00 | IP: IP Logged

skibulk:
Given the following text (one line):

136725 1 11461 801 8 こだまの魔道士 "クリーチャー ― 人間・ウィザード" "Lvアップ {1}{U} ({1}{U}:この上にLvカウンターを1個置く。Lvアップはソーサリーとしてのみ行う。)Lv 2-32/4{U}{U}, {T}:インスタント呪文1つかソーサリー呪文1つを対象とし、それをコピーする。あなたはそのコピーの新しい対象を選んでもよい。Lv 4+2/5{U}{U}, {T}:インスタント呪文1つかソーサリー呪文1つを対象とし、それを2回コピーする。あなたはそれらのコピーの新しい対象を選んでもよい。" "Matt Stewart" 32 43/356 COM13_R B N R

When I place the mouse cursor in the middle of the string, the cursor is actually several characters ahead of the character displayed at that position.

So if I want to add or remove characters, I cannot just click where I want to begin editing...

Using PsPad 4.5.7 with monospaced fonts.

Hi,
I guess, this is not only a problem with the ruler (which indeed doesn't count these characters correctly), but also with the editing (not necessarily on double-width characters).
You can try to experiment with the settings for whitespace, which sometimes caused problems in some contexts/ fonts etc., especially with numbers.

Try to change:
Settings: Program settings: Direct edit:
[Special settings]
OldSpecialChars=1
or
OldSpecialChars=0

You chan possibly check whether linewrapping doesn't influence this behaviour.

vbr

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR