You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > using languagetool with PSPad

using languagetool with PSPad

#1 using languagetool with PSPad

Posted by: patforkin | Date: 2014-01-13 17:32 | IP: IP Logged

Hallo!
If it is at all possible I would like to be able to use languagetool with PSPad.
Languagetool is Java based.
It has value for those who translate between language-pairs.
I have built a framework which supports translations of texts I write in English into German. It also supports translating my German texts into English.
I have PSPad installed with textspell editors for English, German, French, and Spanish and will add Italian to the base.
Languagetool is available as a version installed in openhoffice, or as a standalone version.
My goal is to create frameworks for using the other languages first with English and then with German.
Would a version linked to PSPad be possible? I hope so.
I look forward to a response. Regards patforkin.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: using languagetool with PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-13 17:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hello. I don't know languagetool. I don't know how you want to use it with PSPad.
Can you tell me any idea how usage of language tool with PSPad can looks like?

#3 Re: using languagetool with PSPad

Posted by: dnaber | Date: 2014-01-20 22:41 | IP: IP Logged

Maybe patforkin forgot about this thread, so I'll answer. I'm the maintainer of LanguageTool (languagetool.org). LanguageTool is a style and grammar checker, it could maybe be integrated into PSPad like a spell checker, so that it underlines wrong words and phrases. It's written in Java, but it also offers an HTTP API. Please let me know if you have any questions.

#4 Re: using languagetool with PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-21 07:31 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad doesn't keep any attributes for text. And I am afraid it would be too slow if check will run online during page drawing.
The way of integration I can imagine is send text to language tool and display it's own window with result

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR