You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Please implement save and load button in the Replace dialog box

Re: Please implement save and load button in the Replace dialog box

#1 Please implement save and load button in the Replace dialog box

Posted by: AndiD | Date: 2014-01-02 19:46 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,
Pspad is a little wonder, esp. as a freeware editor. I had a hard time to convert all lines of a file with beginning and ending html-tags in other editors, but with pspad it worked like a charm.
However, I would like to make a suggestion. Most likely it is quite a project to enhance the Makro Recorder so it can do Search and Replace. Right now it does not record anything when I try to record Replace-Strings.
Then I found that pspad preserves the search and replace runs I did so that I do not have to punch them in every time. They are in the Replace dialog box when you key in Ctrl-h besides the combo box for Search and replace, where the little arrows are.
This is great and now I would like to suggest that all the searches that are saved in the search and replace window, those that I can pick thrugh the drop down button, that these can be saved and loaded again. Then I could do quite well without a Makro Recorder for Search and Replace.
I am quite sure that this is a lot easier to implement.
It would only need two buttons: save and load and the ability to dump the searches from pspads memory to a file and reload these searches next day. Then I could even work on those searches in the file and cut out those that did not come out right.
Right now I am in the middle of doing things and do not dare to turn off my pc because then I would have to key in all the replace searches. Since I use regular expressions these are not so easy to type as plain writing.
Thank you and a good new year 2014
Andi

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Please implement save and load button in the Replace dialog box

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-03 06:32 | IP: IP Logged

Save/Load find replace configuration is almost finished. It's one of things I wanted to implement long time already.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR