You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Spaces in paths or file names

Re: Spaces in paths or file names

#1 Spaces in paths or file names

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2013-12-24 17:49 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
I am sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but I have looked through the FAQ's and the searched the forums.
It seems that if there is a space in a path or a file name PSPad displays the path and or filename in dos style.
Is there a way to make PSPad show the path or filename with the space (i.e. Windows style)or is this to prevent problems interacting with compilers\programming tools?
Regards,
Pete

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Spaces in paths or file names

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-12-24 18:03 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Where exactly space in file name causes this problem? In compiler or external applications settings or if you run PSPad with file name as parameter?

#3 Re: Spaces in paths or file names

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2014-01-13 18:35 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
I tracked this down to the setting in the registry having the full path rather than DOS path:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\PSPad\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PSPad\\PSPad.exe \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\PSPad\Command]
@="C:\\PROGRA~2\\PSPad\\PSPad.exe \"%1\""

#4 Re: Spaces in paths or file names

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-13 18:59 | IP: IP Logged

Settings in the registry can't have influence of the file name inside PSPad. It's path from where to start PSPad only.

But quotes in your path are strange. PSPad name should be surrounded without spaces, followed by space and %1 should be surrounded without spaces too

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR