You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Code Explorer window - reload function

Code Explorer window - reload function

#1 Code Explorer window - reload function

Posted by: ironcrusher | Date: 2013-12-19 16:33 | IP: IP Logged

hello,

I'm a little bit annoyed by PSPad's Code Explorer reload function:
I'm programming object orientated, whenever I reload the Code Explorer, it automatically opens the variables->$this branch, which doesn't make sense to me.
There are so many lines where I use $this that the branch fills the entire Code Explorer window, I have to close the $this branch and the variables branch every time I reload. Any chance to change the settings for this?

It costs time doing the unnecessary clicking and is really annoying over time.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Code Explorer window - reload function

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-12-19 17:14 | IP: IP Logged

What PSPad version do you use?
I made some changes in 4-5-8 developer build (available in the developer forum) - code explorer stays open as was before reload.
And some changes are prepared for next build yet.

Can you send me source sample? Each language has different behavior in code explorer.

#3 Re: Code Explorer window - reload function

Posted by: ironcrusher | Date: 2013-12-19 20:54 | IP: IP Logged

Im using 4.5.7 (2450) - 25.01.2013 12:08:54

I'm programming in PHP, can't send any of my source code, the behaviour is not always reproducible, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing it.

I will observe it and report back if I find anything.

#4 Re: Code Explorer window - reload function

Posted by: ironcrusher | Date: 2013-12-21 20:27 | IP: IP Logged

reporting back:

unfortunately, I couldn't find a real pattern.
I noticed that PSPad opens the $this branch whenever I copy a function where a $this-variable is used and reload the Code Explorer.

Would it be possible to force PSPad to go to the first line in the code explorer every time on reload for PHP?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR