You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Slow access with links in shared folders, but not portable version

Slow access with links in shared folders, but not portable version

#1 Slow access with links in shared folders, but not portable version

Posted by: mst | Date: 2013-12-02 13:18 | IP: IP Logged

I have some shared folders via Windows 7 and SMB on a file server. Access with links and with normal folders over PSPad is very slow. PSPAD needs over 6-7 seconds for listing 22 files in a directory. I tested this versions of PSPad

4.5.7 (2427)
4.5.7 (2450)
4.5.8 (2463)

all the same result, the access is very slow. The access via SMB and Windows Explorer ist fast.

But when I use the portable version of PSPAD 4.5.7 (2450), the access and the listing of the files via file exlorer or link ist very fast, as fast as in Windows Explorer. When you have all the files on a local device (USB, HDD), the access is also fast.

So what is the difference between the portable and normal version of PSPad in accessing files via shared folders? What causes this extrem different behaviour?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Slow access with links in shared folders, but not portable version

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-12-02 14:17 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Both versions (installer and portable) are same. PSPad doesn't need installation, installer is for user comfort only. There is difference in settings.

I guess the problem is with system icons.
Go to program settings / Program 1
disable Show system icons in file explorer

or you can compare PSPad.INI from portable and your installed version - section [CONFIG]

#3 Re: Slow access with links in shared folders, but not portable version

Posted by: mst | Date: 2013-12-02 16:17 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you very much, this was the solution.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR