You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

#1 User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: Neil | Date: 2013-11-28 00:15 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Is it possible to fix the order of the file tabs such that tab number 1 is allways at the top left corner. The other tabs are then in order, e.g.:

1-2-3-4-5
6-7-8-9-10
a-b-c-d-e

etc

I find it annoying that the lines of file tabs keep switching locations.

Thanks,

--
Neil

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-11-28 06:10 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.

It's standard windows control behavior. Current file is on the bottom.
PSPad allows you switch tabs to one line, but I guess this will be less comfortable for you.

Try to setup colors for file tabs type (highlighter settings) or you can set individual color for each file - latest developer build.

#3 Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: Neil | Date: 2013-11-28 21:33 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
It's standard windows control behavior. Current file is on the bottom.
PSPad allows you switch tabs to one line, but I guess this will be less comfortable for you.

ok Thanks for that infomation.

Yes you are correct, 1 line is not suitable - I have many (probably too many !!) files open.

pspad:
Try to setup colors for file tabs type (highlighter settings) or you can set individual color for each file - latest developer build.

Yes this would be of benefit.

Just to check colouring options.

I can see that I can set each tab colour individually, or the colour for all tabs based on the User Highlighter, but can I set the colour based on the file extension ??

e.g. I have a User Highlighter definition that includes file extensions ".ext1" and ".ext2".

I would like to set different colours for ".ext1" and ".ext2".

Thanks,

--
Neil

#4 Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: padfox | Date: 2014-01-12 01:11 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

pspad:
... or you can set individual color for each file - latest developer build.

which build and where to set?

Many thanks and greetings
padFox

#5 Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: padfox | Date: 2014-01-12 01:30 | IP: IP Logged

Hello again,

version 4.5.8!

I have found the menu item in the tab conext menu. Could you add an menu item to the project tree? And the German translation seems to be missing ("File tab color..."). Anyway many thanks.

Greetings
padFox

#6 Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-13 16:02 | IP: IP Logged

padfox:
Hello again,

version 4.5.8!

I have found the menu item in the tab conext menu. Could you add an menu item to the project tree? And the German translation seems to be missing ("File tab color..."). Anyway many thanks.

Greetings
padFox

It isn't so easy, cause tab color information is part of open file. If I will add it into project context menu, I have no place where to store it.

#7 Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: padfox | Date: 2014-01-15 16:47 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

pspad:
It isn't so easy, cause tab color information is part of open file. If I will add it into project context menu, I have no place where to store it.

I don't understand your answer. Can you not find the "relation" between the entry in the project tree and the open file?

Many thanks and greetings
padFox

#8 Re: User option to fix the order of the file tabs

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-15 18:54 | IP: IP Logged

No, there isn't problem to find project entry in open files,. But in case file isn't open, I can't set tab color.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR