You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > I give up!!

I give up!!

#1 I give up!!

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2013-11-19 18:46 | IP: IP Logged

I'm trying to run PSPad on a Windows 8.1 system. I give up. After about 10 attempts I have only been able to get the Czech user interface when the program is open. I know the English version exists because I had it on another computer.

The instructions in these forums and on the PSPad homepage are very hard to understand, and searching the forum isn't productive. The download installer at www.fosshub.com doesn't work if the third party stuff is declined.

www.fosshub.com has links at the top to various Windows versions but not one to Win 8.1. That's ok though, because none of the other links do anything anyway.

I loved PSPad when I had it on my old computer, but I'm about to give up now.

One last try:

Can anyone please tell me, step by step, in simple terms, how to download an English version of PSPad.exe. If it's already downloaded, then, how do I make the user interface change from Czech menus to English?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: I give up!!

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-11-19 19:18 | IP: IP Logged

Did you download installer and install it?
You are not right. PSPad will install even you will decline all stuff.
You can run installer with /nobundle switch to prevent start offers in installer.
This is written on fosshub and on the PSPad download page too.

When you downloaded ZIP, there is necessary to unpack it with subfolders, not all content into one folder. Cause you unpack it all into one folder, PSPad wasn't able to load english localization. Localization files are awaited in the .\Lang subfolder.

1. way - the easier for you: use installer and run it with /nobundle switch or simple decline all offers.

2. way: use ZIP package, unpack it with subfolders. Don't start PSPad directly from the ZIP. You need to unpack it first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-19 19:21 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR