You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Log windows not displaying output from XSLT

Log windows not displaying output from XSLT

#1 Log windows not displaying output from XSLT

Posted by: xymox12 | Date: 2013-08-29 13:03 | IP: IP Logged

Hi

I have set up a PSPad Project with my xml and xsl file only. I then setup the project compiler to use a command line xsl tool and output to the Log window. This way I can use PSPad as a good xsl development tool using a split view so I can view both files side by side, along with the code explorer.

But... whatever commandline tool I use, most of the characters of the XSLT output are returned as whitespace/blank to the Log Window. Which ain't good. Any ideas?

One 'compiler' is saxon9he.jar and is launched, in my case, via portable java. The settings I use for the compiler:

Compiler: Java/bin/java.exe
Parameters: -jar saxon9he.jar %Name%%ext% %Name%%ext%

I have also use msxsl and xsltproc in testing. I have my own xml/xsl but have also tried the code at www.w3schools.com

I can get a very similar setup to work in notepad++ using nppexec and its console window, but I would prefer to stick with PSPad.

Cheers

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Log windows not displaying output from XSLT

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-09-17 11:11 | IP: IP Logged

You have 2 possibilities to display compiler output.
1. catch compiler output will catch console output
2. let compiler write log into file and display the file by filling in Log file field

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR