You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > vbScript with HKCU regkey when UAC is activated

vbScript with HKCU regkey when UAC is activated

#1 vbScript with HKCU regkey when UAC is activated

Posted by: TrywareDk | Date: 2013-08-29 08:46 | IP: IP Logged

I’m trying to make a silent vbScript installscript for PsPad on Windows 7 32 bit

UAC is activated on the ’normal users’ account, and the user isn’t local administrator, but knows another local administrator logonname when UAC is elevated, or a file is rightclicked, and ’run as administrator’ is selected.

The scenario works fine with my vbScript (when it’s UAC-elevated), PsPad is installed and works, except that I want in my vbScript to add some extra HKEY_CURRENT_USER settings, but they are imported into the ’another local administrator’ HKCU, and NOT the ’normal user’, that’s supposed to use PsPad.

So when running the following in my silent install vbScript, nothing happens for the ’normal user’:

C:\Windows\regedit.exe –s C:\Setup\HKCU-PsPad.reg

Do you know any solution to this, because I expect you might have had the same problem when you created your own installer

--
Sincerely

J. Malmgren
IT-Programmer
www.tryware.dk

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR