You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Getting a specific syntax highlighting regardless of the file extension

Getting a specific syntax highlighting regardless of the file extension

#1 Getting a specific syntax highlighting regardless of the file extension

Posted by: SantiBailors | Date: 2013-08-15 11:54 | IP: IP Logged

For ex., if I open with - or drag into - PSPad a file withhtmlextension, like "pippo.html", then of course PSPad uses the HTML syntax highlighting. But if the same file has a different extension thanhtml- like "pippo.abc" - then there is no HTML syntax highlighting.

Is there a way to tell PSPad to use a certain syntax highlighting (in this case HTML) regardless of the file extension ?

--
What men really want is not knowledge, but certainty.

Bertrand Russel

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Getting a specific syntax highlighting regardless of the file extension

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2013-08-16 13:09 | IP: IP Logged

1) View -> Change Syntax

or

2) Activate look toolbar via "View -> Toolbars -> Look". Click the 4th entry "Change document syntax highlight"

#3 Re: Getting a specific syntax highlighting regardless of the file extension

Posted by: SantiBailors | Date: 2013-09-04 07:17 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks, that was useful. I am also interested in whether a permanent setting can be made. I would like to be able to tell PSPad that whenever I double-click on - or open from PSPad, or drag into PSPad - files having a certain extension, PSPad should open then with a certain Syntax Highlight directly, instead of me having to change the Syntax Highlight manually for each file via menu or toolbar. This would be particularly useful when I open several files at once.

--

Bertrand Russel

#4 Re: Getting a specific syntax highlighting regardless of the file extension

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-09-04 14:55 | IP: IP Logged

Go to highlighter settings / HTML
On the second tab add your extensions to HTML highlighter. This will cause open your file directly with HTML extension

#5 Re: Getting a specific syntax highlighting regardless of the file extension

Posted by: SantiBailors | Date: 2013-09-05 13:40 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks again, it worked like a charm.

Best editor ever, PSPad. Thanks for it.

--

Bertrand Russel

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR