You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > insert file on save

insert file on save

#1 insert file on save

Posted by: ianm777 | Date: 2013-08-09 00:41 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Guys,

BACKGROUND :
============
The process to insert a RAW file of HTML text into an HTML document is very complex and/or convoluted. Especially across multiple browsers.

On my website I (currently) have a frame which is the INDEX of the pages provided on the site (www.buswise.net). I am rebuilding the site because it looks kinda old-fashioned and frames are now frowned upon. So. I am using a table structure with tr td /td /tr to structure this index and repeating the COMPLETE structure to re-display the INDEX on the left of each page to maintain simplicity and consistency for the users. Thus whenever I change the INDEX to add a new page I have to copy the new primary page index structure to every page for the site.

SUGGESTION:
============
Create a PSPad function/trigger within an HTML comment such as :

<!-- PSPad_insert_file "filename.txt" -->

which will include the file "filename.txt" at that location within the active file as it is being saved to disk by the PSPad editor.

This feature could be further enhanced by
a) ensuring that the "PSPad_insert-File" is "replaced" in ALL files within the Project whenever the Project is closed. -AND-
b) ensuring that the "PSPad_insert-File" is "reloaded" into each file within the Project when it is loaded into the work area.

I hope that this is a practical and useful suggestion for improving on what I believe is the best editor available !!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: insert file on save

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-08-09 08:18 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I can imagine realization using PSPad scripting. This can include file into other.
If you assign shortcut Ctrl+S, you can do it simple.

But the better way is persist original file and generate output with included files.
Again, you can do it using PSPad scripting for whole project with one click.

But I don't understand, why you don't use standard PHP include and don't include files on the server side.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR