You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: HTML reformatting

Re: HTML reformatting

#1 HTML reformatting

Posted by: snert | Date: 2013-08-08 11:26 | IP: IP Logged

I found this editor by chance while watching a webinar. It looks good. I used to use PFE back in the day (I still have it installed) and I also use VIM but this had features I wanted. The main one I want is the ability to reformat HTML.

I have set PSPad to be the HTML viewer in IE. As a web developer, I often like to see the resulting HTML that is produced by the system that I use. It isn't very tidy at all, in fact it's a massive block of unformatted HTML.

What I want to do is do view source in IE and see the HTML source. I want to have it either auto-format it so the tags are nicely tabbed properly and laid out in a readable manner. Something like changing this:

<html><head><title>Page</title></head><body>Text</body></html>

to this:

<html>
<head>
<title>Page</title>
</head>
<body>Text</body>
</html>

I read on the web page it can do this. It doesn't or I'm doing something wrong.

If I choose HTML -> Reformat HTML code the option is greyed out. I've read other posts that mention something in the Highlighter options which isn't there in the version I have. I have 4.5.7 (2450) installed. If I highlight the HTML code and choose HTML -> TiDy -> Choose any option and none of them reformat the way I want.

Can someone please shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: The forum doesn't show my example HTML as indented. Trust me it should be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 11:28 by snert.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: HTML reformatting

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-08-08 13:28 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

You can use "simple" function from menu HTML / Reformat HTML code
Or you can use TiDy (last item in HTML menu) and Reformat only.

If doesn't do nothing for you, press Modify item in TiDy submenu and ensure, there is option write-back:yes (not write-back:no) in [TiDy reformat only] section

This file you can edit in any Text editor, is placed in PSPad folder as TiDycfg.INI
If you installed PSPad into program files folder, you will need to elevate rights for your text editor to be able edit this file, e.g. run run PSPad with right mouse as administrator

#3 Re: HTML reformatting

Posted by: Donna111 | Date: 2013-10-30 02:49 | IP: IP Logged

HI there
Thanks for your sharing
I am looking for these kind of program for a long time.
My program can only supports to read and save HTML.But i want to
reformat HTML.By the way ,is there any free program which supports to do that?
Thanks for any suggestion.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR