You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Files are not added to tab bar when opened via explorer context menu

Files are not added to tab bar when opened via explorer context menu

#1 Files are not added to tab bar when opened via explorer context menu

Posted by: don_camillo | Date: 2013-04-30 16:25 | IP: IP Logged

Hey guys,

I usually work with several tabs at the same time. These tabs always appear if I directly start pspad. But if i open a new file via explorer context menu (open with...)", this file is not automatically added to the tab bar. Instead a completely clean instance of pspad appears. I.e. there are no tabs any more. However, when i explicitely start pspdad again, then the tabs again appear. Is it possible, to make new files automatically get added to the tab bar if they are opened via windows explorer?? Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 16:28 by don_camillo.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Files are not added to tab bar when opened via explorer context menu

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-04-30 19:36 | IP: IP Logged

This is a intentional behavior.
You work in PSPad with several files. You finish work, close PSPad.
Now you need to quickly edit some file, e.g. from Windows Explorer. So you do it.
Next time when you run PSPad directly, it will restore previously open files for you.

#3 Re: Files are not added to tab bar when opened via explorer context menu

Posted by: don_camillo | Date: 2013-04-30 21:46 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for the fast response. Just out of curiosity, is there no chance to change this behaviour? Thx

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR