You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > feature request: multiple cursor edit

feature request: multiple cursor edit

#1 feature request: multiple cursor edit

Posted by: paaaaaaaaaa | Date: 2013-04-14 15:24 | IP: IP Logged

First off I would like to say pspad is a fantastic editor. I have looked at many different text editors and ides but always go back to pspad.

Recently you will see that sublime text editor has been getting very popular. It has a few features that are very refreshing. One of these are the multiple cursors. You hold ctrl select different blocks of text and then when you type the text is entered in all areas.

We already have column selection which seems fairly similar but when you start typing it will only type in one place.

Finaly I do like the slick file exporer in sublime. I dont use pspads because I don't like that fact the files display in a separate box.

Cheers

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: feature request: multiple cursor edit

Posted by: Get Free | Date: 2013-05-10 05:43 | IP: IP Logged

Although very desireable, it's highly unlikely that this feature will be ever implemented in PSPad because it uses a third party editor component which is the one that needs to be modified in order to implement this and other features like the all-time asked code folding/colapsing.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR