You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Different tab treatment for different file types

Different tab treatment for different file types

#1 Different tab treatment for different file types

Posted by: quartermain | Date: 2013-03-14 12:35 | IP: IP Logged

I see this question has been asked once before but maybe I didn't understand the answer since I can't make it work they way I want.

For most file types I want to tab and indent by four spaces, so in Settings->Program Settings->Editor Part 2 I uncheck Real Tabs and Smart Tabs and set Tab Width and Indent Width to 4. This works just fine.

However for HTML files I want to tab/indent by two spaces instead of four. So I go into Settings->Highlighters Settings and select HTML. I select the Specification tab and set the Tab Width to 2. I've tried this both with and without HTML Multihighlighter enabled.

However it makes no difference, if I edit a HTML file the tab/indent settings are still four spaces. Am I misunderstanding what Highlighters Settings are supposed to do?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Different tab treatment for different file types

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-03-14 18:03 | IP: IP Logged

Highlighter settings is supposed to do what you need.
If your miltihighlighter is based on HTML, you need to set it in HTML, if XHTML, than in XHTML.

#3 Re: Different tab treatment for different file types

Posted by: quartermain | Date: 2013-05-10 16:49 | IP: IP Logged

I must be missing something really obvious here. I go into Settings->Hightlighters Settings, select HTML in the left pane, click the Specification tab and change Tab Width to 2, then Apply.

I then open a file whose name ends in .html, put the cursor at the beginning of a new line and hit Tab. I get four spaces, not two.

#4 Re: Different tab treatment for different file types

Posted by: jorgea | Date: 2013-06-05 16:59 | IP: IP Logged

Are you still having trouble with this step?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR