You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Work-Around for WINE

Re: Work-Around for WINE

#1 Work-Around for WINE

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2013-01-30 01:02 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

As I mentioned in the old 2449 build forum, there is a problem running PSPad in WINE. It throws the error "Internal Error: SyncHotKeyPosition Failed ("Fo&rmat" <> "Fo&rmát")." On a hunch, I went into lang\English.ini and changed the data associated with the "mFormat_Caption" value from "Fo&rmat" to "Fo&rmát". This allowed PSPad to run without any startup error.

I decided to try that because when I bypassed the error messages, PSPad came up with the menus all in Chech - I figured there was a problem with the translation algorithm. With the change, the only problem with the menus is that the name of the Format menu is rendered as "FormÃit". This, at least, should give you a clue where the problem is in the code.

As I am trying to abandon Windows at home, using PSPad either natively or through WINE is an increasing priority for me. I hope you will continue to maintain PSPad and give some consideration towards mult-OS capability.

Thanks for everything, Jan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Work-Around for WINE

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-01-30 09:36 | IP: IP Logged

It's really strange.
Your previous report about WiNe problem stays in my ToDo. I havn't time to test it yet.
Your new message will help me find a problem

#3 Re: Work-Around for WINE

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2013-01-30 22:59 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
It's really strange.
Your previous report about WiNe problem stays in my ToDo. I havn't time to test it yet.
Your new message will help me find a problem

Keep me posted.

#4 Re: Work-Around for WINE

Posted by: mousecrap | Date: 2013-02-04 08:47 | IP: IP Logged

I too, have been using PSPad under wine (version 1.5) for years now, and I can testify version 4.5.6 (build 2427 which I am using) works wonders. When I decided to upgrade to the latest and greatest release, I too got this error with language=ENGLISH in the .ini file; moreover, scrollbars don't move anymore when scrolling a text up or down with the keyboard - though they still work as usual when clicked upon or dragged. Now, they still work in build 2427, so I think this should be an easy regression to fix. Please, Jan, don't leave us PSPad wine users behind - we love PSPad!!!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR