You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Change "File Open" Filters?

Re: Change "File Open" Filters?

#1 Change "File Open" Filters?

Posted by: David.Boettcher | Date: 2013-01-03 09:52 | IP: IP Logged

I work with both .html and .php files.

When I go to open a file I would like to see just these files listed, but I can only choose either a filter that shows .html OR a filter that shows .php files. So I have to choose the filter "All files (*.*)" which of course shows lots of files I am not interested in editing with PSPad, e.g. .jpg files sad smiley.

Can I create a custom filter to show both .html and .php files?

And just a question: why show files such as .jpg which can't be edited with PSPad? How about a filter to just show files that PSPad can edit?

Thanks for any help!

Regards - David

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Change "File Open" Filters?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-01-04 05:39 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

There is no possibility to define own open dialog filter independent of the extensions defined in highlighters.
You can hide highlighters you don't use in menu Settings / Highlighter settings. Uncheck highlighters in list. Highlighters will stay available, syntax will be highlightd when you open file, but disappears from new file list, open dialog filters e.t.c.

You can add PHP extensions to your HTML highlighter (menu settings / Highlighters / HTML), but this solution isn't ideal.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR