You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Text Selection

Text Selection

#1 Text Selection

Posted by: psergi | Date: 2012-12-07 08:02 | IP: IP Logged

Hi everyone,
in the last version of the tool, I can't select a text by column? Is this feature missing in the version ?
Moreover I can configure Keyword 2 settings, every change is not applied on the syntax. Why ?
Thank you
sad smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-12-07 08:33 | IP: IP Logged

There are 2 ways how to do it.
1. Keep ALT and select column of the text
2. Switch off Column block with Alt+Mouse in program settings, switch selection mode to Column and select column of text.

With ALT is it better in my opinion, you can simple switch normal and column block. It works same way in many other programs (IE, Word, ...)

#3 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: psergi | Date: 2012-12-07 09:22 | IP: IP Logged

What about Keyword 2 syntax settings ?
It semms like to have no effect on the syntax !
Sorry, it's important to distinguish vhd language type from vhdl reserved words.
Thank you
sad smiley

#4 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-12-07 09:35 | IP: IP Logged

I guess you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 and PSpad is located in Program files folder.
No application has right to write there without rights elevation.

Run PSpad using context menu (right mouse button) as administrator. This will give PSpad enough rights to change syntax file.

#5 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: psergi | Date: 2012-12-07 10:10 | IP: IP Logged

Effectivly my OS is WXP and PSPad is located in the Programs Folder, at work I can not be logged as admin, but I have rights to modify syntax file because I am able to change syntax settings of 'Identifier', 'key', 'number'.
If I change the syntax color of the 'key'. It has effect neither on 'key' and 'keyword 2'. Not viceversa. Strange, isn't it ?
sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-07 10:11 by psergi.

#6 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-12-07 10:52 | IP: IP Logged

For user highlighter there are Keywords, KeyWords2, KeyWords2, Reserved words in color settings option.
Maybe you should set color of reserved words

#7 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: psergi | Date: 2012-12-07 12:45 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
I think there is a "gui syntax settings" problem with the tool(version:4.5.6(2427) 10/11/2011 22.58.22).
I note that because I override the VHDL.INI file with a version updated by a oldier version of PSPad(version: 4.5.4(2356) 12/07/2009 19.34.08) and so the syntax settings was applied on the edited file.
Let's me know if the problem will be resolved soon.
Thank you.
winking smiley

#8 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-12-07 14:04 | IP: IP Logged

I am sorry, but I am afraid I don't understand you.

#9 Re: Text Selection

Posted by: psergi | Date: 2012-12-07 14:28 | IP: IP Logged

Ok Jan,
I try to explain better my last reply.
In the PSPad version:4.5.6(2427) 10/11/2011 22.58.22 there is some problem with the 'Graphical User Interface of Syntax User Settings - tab Color'. Plaese check if it works correctly. Some color change has no effect after pushing apply/ok button.
If I use PSPad version: 4.5.4(2356) 12/07/2009 19.34.08 the 'Graphical User Interface of Syntax User Settings - tab Color' works correctly. So in order to apply syntax color change to PSPad 4.5.6 I override the file VHDL.INI(version 4.5.6) with the same file updated with the oldier PSpad version 4.5.4.
I hope everything is clear now.

Thank you
smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR