You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: Manfred62 | Date: 2012-11-26 12:26 | IP: IP Logged

northrock:
Step 2 Reformatting and reinstalling entire operating system

In my case, I always buy a new computer/laptop.
That's more secure and way faster... smoking smiley

scnr

--
PSPad 4.5.9 (2525)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-11-28 12:04 | IP: IP Logged

Manfred62:
northrock:
Step 2 Reformatting and reinstalling entire operating system

In my case, I always buy a new computer/laptop.
That's more secure and way faster... smoking smiley

scnr

Yup works for me.

--
Carbonize

#13 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: rolled | Date: 2012-12-12 18:35 | IP: IP Logged

I declined all add ons (or thought I did), but still got snap.do installed.

Afraid I'm going to stop using PsPad - this really is harming your reputation.

#14 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-12-12 20:01 | IP: IP Logged

I got information this was added by Brothersoft server.
I am checking it.

I checked InstallMonetizer bundled software several times and I am near sure it don't install nothing what you decline.
Did you see snap.do as standard installer offer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 20:07 by pspad.

#15 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-12-12 22:04 | IP: IP Logged

Jan as I have stated before the installer form Brothersoft is different from the one from elsewhere so possibly they are adding their own extras to the installer but as none of these people complaining bother to give us any useful information we shall never know. Some people just want to moan, complain and slander without offering any help.

--
Carbonize

#16 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: UpsetAboutAdware | Date: 2013-01-12 23:38 | IP: IP Logged

carbonize:
Jan as I have stated before the installer form Brothersoft is different from the one from elsewhere so possibly they are adding their own extras to the installer but as none of these people complaining bother to give us any useful information we shall never know. Some people just want to moan, complain and slander without offering any help.

I thought I provided ample information. But I think it's a valid point that when I install something, and Windows pops up a message saying that the installation program is signed by Jan Fiala, that Jan Fiala is asserting that this installation will not do anything unnecessary. Jan Fiala can't make that assertion when he doesn't even know exactly what get's installed and allows a third party to install undefined software along with him. This software hijacked my home page, refused to allow me to change it, and redirected all my searches to an unexpected location. And Jan Fiala signed it. Even if he didn't know this is what would happened, it did happen. Code signing is a certification. His assertion that what was installed was written by him was simply false and misleading.

Now let me ask a really important question. How much does he get? $0.05USD, $0.50USD, $1, $5 for each install? How much? He should just ask for that instead, and not bother with malware problems that he can't control.

Scott

#17 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: Manfred62 | Date: 2013-01-13 09:29 | IP: IP Logged

@UpsetAboutAdware:
please please... use an other editor! PSPad is not the right tool for such an experienced developer smoking smiley that you are. Thanks.

scnr

--
PSPad 4.5.9 (2525)

#18 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2013-01-13 19:41 | IP: IP Logged

So when you visit a secure site that has apparently been signed by Google but is in fact a fake you blame Google? When you install a program claiming to be signed by Microsoft you blame Microsoft? If you download anything from a third party source you are always taking a risk that the installer has been tampered with as appears to be the case this time.

And you say you provided enough information and yet you still have not provided the single of piece of information I asked for which is where you downloaded the installer from.

--
Carbonize

#19 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: Cay | Date: 2014-04-28 19:19 | IP: IP Logged

Snap.do is not always easy to uninstall. Here is an article about it: soft2secure.com

#20 Re: Adware InfoAtoms & Snap.Do

Posted by: code tzar | Date: 2014-05-20 10:17 | IP: IP Logged

UpsetAboutAdware:
carbonize:

I thought I provided ample information. But I think it's a valid point that when I install something, and Windows pops up a message saying that the installation program is signed by Jan Fiala, that Jan Fiala is asserting that this installation will not do anything unnecessary. Jan Fiala can't make that assertion when he doesn't even know exactly what get's installed and allows a third party to install undefined software along with him. This software hijacked my home page, refused to allow me to change it, and redirected all my searches to an unexpected location. And Jan Fiala signed it. Even if he didn't know this is what would happened, it did happen. Code signing is a certification. His assertion that what was installed was written by him was simply false and misleading.

Now let me ask a really important question. How much does he get? $0.05USD, $0.50USD, $1, $5 for each install? How much? He should just ask for that instead, and not bother with malware problems that he can't control.

Scott

I've been using PSPad for years. I think it's the greatest thing I've ever used. Truly.

Just another perspective, UpsetAboutAdware DOES have a point, and adware IS an important part of any freeware software release.

Software takes time to develop. Using it for free and then complaining is the very definition of biting the hand that feeds you.

Also, you're stupid if you just click through a software install without thinking about what you are agreeing to. I forget about PSPad install, but most have buttons that literally say "I agree", so you should know what you are clicking, no?

All of that said, I was installing PSPad on my girlfriend's laptop and got prompted for the adware and thought, "hey, let's help pspad out and give them the commission" and went ahead and installed everything.

This was a bad idea.

From then on, my browser was hijacked and I had a bitch of a time removing the app.

So.....................explain to me how this is a GOOD thing?

I repeat: I've been using PSPad for years. I think it's the greatest thing I've ever used. Truly.

I want to support it, but this adware thing has completely destroyed any semblance of sanity in trusting a freeware install. Saying that it's the user's fault for not reading what they digitally sign is perfectly valid. But making it next to impossible to uninstall is not.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR