You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Comparison: "Missing lines in new file"?

Re: Comparison: "Missing lines in new file"?

#1 Comparison: "Missing lines in new file"?

Posted by: Dirk | Date: 2012-10-12 11:47 | IP: IP Logged

Is it right: when I compare 2 txt files and I click on the left txt file in the window the 2 files are shown in and I press the button "Edit result" (or something like that) at the top and then click on the item "Missing lines in new file" (or something like that) all the lines of the right side which are not available on the txt file on the right side are copied to a new file. So, when I add these lines of the new file to the file on the right side the file on the right side contains all information without exception the file on the left side contains.

Is that right?

If not, what could I do to get all content of both files in one (of these) file(s), so that I will all the information of both files in one single file, without any missing information?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 12:13 by Dirk.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Comparison: "Missing lines in new file"?

Posted by: nergmlam | Date: 2012-10-15 13:31 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Dirk

It would be a fantastic feature to combine 2 files to 1 file with the whole content of both files, and nothing is missing, but but but

Jan doesn't have many chances to do that because some of the content in file 1 could be changed by a simular content in file 2, or vice versa. If it was ini-files that was compared, Jan might have a chance, to look at the file date, before decising which of the 2 simular ini-values to use, but with other kinds of files, there no way to find out, if the content in the 2 files is simular.

Consider this:

File 1:

Helo I want you to add this to PsPad
1. A new tool about html
2. A new tool about content of 2 files

File 2:

Hi Jan I want new features to PsPad
1. A new tool about 2 files with different content
2. A new tool with html tags

It's impossible to combine these 2 files to 1, both as programmer, and as human editor

But Jan, please consider if it's possible with ini-files, because that would be nice, when having an old backup of PsPad, and downloading a new build with new ini-files.

Sincerely

J. Malmgren
IT-Programmer
Denmark
Version 4.5.7(2441)

--
Sincerely

J. Malmgren
IT-Programmer
Denmark
Version 4.5.7(2441)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR