You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Custom User-Chosen Highlighter Removal

Re: Custom User-Chosen Highlighter Removal

#1 Custom User-Chosen Highlighter Removal

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2012-09-12 19:44 | IP: IP Logged

How can I remove the 5 highlighters that are user chosen in Highligters Settings? I've tried modifying the INI file with no luck. I need to swap out some of them for other highlighters.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Custom User-Chosen Highlighter Removal

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2012-09-13 12:43 | IP: IP Logged

OK, I figured it out, although you should really add a mechanism to do this automatically, especially since there is a limited number of user-chosen highlighters to be had!

Step1: Open PSPad.ini.
Step2: Save as something else, like newPSPad.ini.
Step3: Find and comment out or delete all references to the language highlighter. This will generally consist of two items: the UserHighlighterName# value (where # is either missing or is a number between 1 and 4) under the Config key and a key named for the language (the entire key and its underlying value/data pairs must be deleted or commented out).
Step4: Close PSPad. Go to the PSPad directory and replace PSPad.ini with the altered INI file.

That's all there is to it.grinning smiley

#3 Re: Custom User-Chosen Highlighter Removal

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2012-09-13 13:28 | IP: IP Logged

On a somewhat related note, it still would be great if there were more user choosable highlighter slots and less fixed slots. I also think some of the fixed slots are of questionable value: I mean FoxPro? And I may be displaying my ignorance but I've never even heard of "Inno Setup Script". Languages like Fortran, COBOL and Assembly are only used by a minority of programmers (I'm not saying that to be flippant - I have programmed in COBOL myself and I've always admired Assembly programming).

I know that I've nagged you about this in the past but you never really got back to me.sad smiley

#4 Re: Custom User-Chosen Highlighter Removal

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-09-17 08:02 | IP: IP Logged

Menu settings / Highlighter settings

Solution 1:
Uncheck chechbox before any highlighter you don't want to see in New file list e.t.c.

Solution 2:
Select any user highlighter. On the second tam click on the first empty line in user highlighter definition list.

#5 Re: Custom User-Chosen Highlighter Removal

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2012-10-18 14:38 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Menu settings / Highlighter settings

Solution 1:
Uncheck chechbox before any highlighter you don't want to see in New file list e.t.c.

Solution 2:
Select any user highlighter. On the second tam click on the first empty line in user highlighter definition list.

Thanks! Solution 2 was what I was looking for! Would you please add that little technique to the documentation?

Those of us who must switch between many programming languages thank you!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR