You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Trable with saving scripts

Re: Trable with saving scripts

#1 Trable with saving scripts

Posted by: flider | Date: 2012-08-01 11:37 | IP: IP Logged

Hi.
I used to work with version PSPad 4.3.3. Recently I've changed the OS to Win7 х64 and set up the new version 4.5.6. To my mind this version has an odd behavior.
I have a php-script which is working on a production server. Any edit with PSPad makes it invalid, e.g.:
- open the script in the editor
- add a space
- delete this space
- save the script with the same name and extention.
As a result the saved script doesn't work. Moreover, any newly created script doesn't work the same way - I receive error 404.

What is the reason of this strange behavior?
I used to work with PSPad because it is the best one for me, and I'd like to use it further but in the moment it is impossible.

Hope you will be able to help me.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Trable with saving scripts

Posted by: myf | Date: 2012-08-01 13:11 | IP: IP Logged

Just a guess: Is your script in UTF-8? Look atmenu > Settings > Program Settings > Program (part 2) > [?] Indent.bytes in UTF-8 coding. If checked, try to uncheck and try again. Problem I suspect should not yield exactly 404, but lets try.

#3 Re: Trable with saving scripts

Posted by: flider | Date: 2012-08-01 13:30 | IP: IP Logged

Interestingly.
Script - UTF8, but it's work only saving ANSI. If I it save by UTF8 - it don't work. But in the version 4.3.3 of this all was good.
Thank for the idea. I'll think what to do next.

Sorry for my English.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR