You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Connection does not exist

Re: Connection does not exist

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Connection does not exist

Posted by: Lytium | Date: 2012-05-18 07:30 | IP: IP Logged

I have used PSPad Ver 4.5.3 (2298) for several years at my Dell laptop, Windows Vista. I have used it fine, no issues. smiling smiley

This week I just downloaded PSPad Ver 4.5.7 (2437) to my new Vaio laptop, Windows 7. Then I setup an FTP Connection at FTP tab, I click the 'New Connection' button, fill the fields properly, all default settings, then click on 'Accept' button. All fine this far, my new connection name is on the list and is highligthed, but when I click the "Connect" button, instead of trying to connect, PSPad shows me an error popup little window that reads 'Connection does not exist' (All my buttons and messages are in spanish, im writing here the english version, my version, maybe the texts are not quite exact). Then I click the 'Properties' button and see all the fields empty, as if I have not filled. I have tryiend and re-tryied, and test for different sites/destinations. All this is about a bug or something, my data is not being stored. Please help!

Thank you
Ernestosmiling smileysmiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: alesc | Date: 2012-05-18 07:43 | IP: IP Logged

Whats the content of C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\PSpad\PSPadFTP.INI ?
This is the file where the ftp connections settings goes.

#3 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-05-18 07:54 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad 4.5.7 is update to last full version.
I guess you store it in program files folder. You should kow that any program has right to write into Windows or program files folder.

You have 2 ways how to fix it:
1. Run PSPad installer again and uncheck option "Portable application" during setup.
2. Run PSPad as administrator (use right mouse) to elevate PSpad rights, go to Program settings/System and check Multiuser environment

#4 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: Lytium | Date: 2012-05-23 03:01 | IP: IP Logged

At C:\Users\<your_username>\ there is no AppData or so. Instead, at C:\Users\ there is C:\Users\ProgramFiles\PsPad folder, but there is no PSPadFTP.INI file anywhere, not in any subfolder...

#5 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-05-23 06:09 | IP: IP Logged

On Windows 7 you can find it:
c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\PSpad

For Windows 7 and Vista users
Please ensure that you don't install PSPad as portable. No application has rights to write into Program files folder.

You have 2 ways how to fix it:
1. Run PSPad installer again and uncheck option "Portable application" during setup.
2. Run PSPad as administrator (use right mouse) to elevate PSpad rights, go to Program settings/System and check Multiuser environment

#6 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: Lytium | Date: 2012-05-31 17:21 | IP: IP Logged

When downloaded pspad from download.com I do not get an 'installer', but a zip folder that I just placed at Apps folder, at C:\Users\ProgramFiles\PsPad. Then I double click C:\Users\ProgramFiles\PsPad\PsPad.exe to open the app. Where can I download a real installer?? Or where should I place the zipped content?

Zipped content included:

- Context (folder)
- Lang (folder)
- Syntax (folder)
- licence_cz.txt
- licence_en.txt
- PsPad.exe

#7 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-05-31 18:02 | IP: IP Logged

ZIP archive is for people who knows operating system behavior and who wants to have portable PSpad version without installer.
Installer is for the rest.

In my previous answer I described what you have to do to fix your problem.

#8 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: Lytium | Date: 2012-06-01 00:26 | IP: IP Logged

The only part of your previous answer that made sense to me was:

2. Run PSPad as administrator (use right mouse) to elevate PSpad rights, go to Program settings/System and check Multiuser environment.

But initially that about 'multiuser' were disorienting me since Im administrator and 'unique' user for this laptop. But now I have achieved solution trying to understand and apply what you said.

I went to my PSPad folder, right click the pspad.exe file, then click on 'Properties' option. Then exploring the tabs, I found at tab 'compatibility' the checkbox for 'run as administrator', what looks like your recomendation. I have checked that option, then test again. It worked! Besides, I noticed 3 new files were created at my PSPad folder:

- PSPad.ini
- PSPad_MU.ini
- PSPad_FTP

Now I can use my PsPad normally. Tks for help.

#9 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-06-01 11:50 | IP: IP Logged

I guess you set to run PSPad always as administrator.
This is different from my advices!

#10 Re: Connection does not exist

Posted by: Lytium | Date: 2013-05-27 21:12 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

Today I need to solve this case, again...

My Vaio were totally restored. Now Im reinstalling software.

I have donwloaded last pspad version, installed it, following your previous advise (not portable).

Now I do create my connections and they are stored as they should. I can close and reopen the application and they are still there. But, when connecting, it appears to connect ok, green square is present. But there are no contents listing, and Im not able to create new folders or files.

Please help!
Thank you

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR