You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > find if and where currently open files are part of current project

find if and where currently open files are part of current project

#1 find if and where currently open files are part of current project

Posted by: berny | Date: 04/19/2012 16:52 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I was wondering how to best find out if the files I currently have open are part of my current project, and if they are, I'd like to quickly jump to their place in the project folder structure. How can I do that?

Best Regards,
Berny

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: find if and where currently open files are part of current project

Posted by: nergmlam | Date: 04/20/2012 08:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Berny

My earlier question forum.pspad.com doesn't quite answer your precise question, but it's close smiling smiley

Hope that Jan or others gives you a precise answer

--
Sincerely

J. Malmgren
IT-Programmer
Denmark
Version 4.5.7(2441)

#3 Re: find if and where currently open files are part of current project

Posted by: pspad | Date: 04/20/2012 08:59 | IP: IP Logged

I am afraid, there isn't such functionality.
You can simply add all open files to project. Nothing will happen if they are part of the project already.

#4 Re: find if and where currently open files are part of current project

Posted by: berny | Date: 04/20/2012 11:41 | IP: IP Logged

Too bad then. I'd suggest to give additionally added files, that are not part of the project, a different tab colour or just to write their file name in cursive.
For current open project files the existing tooltip, which shows the complete file name including folder, should be extended to show the relevant project folder(s). There should also be a context option to easily open this project folder including subfolders and highlight the current file in the project folder.
I'd suggest as well to add the project logical folder structure to the "Project information" window and make this sortable by each of its columns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2012 11:45 by berny.

#5 Re: find if and where currently open files are part of current project

Posted by: pspad | Date: 04/20/2012 13:49 | IP: IP Logged

Why whould be files outside of project marked?
You have one click abbility to synchronize whole project with disk content.

I can add functionality to jump into project and show you current file in project structure

#6 Re: find if and where currently open files are part of current project

Posted by: berny | Date: 04/20/2012 15:17 | IP: IP Logged

The marking tells you, that if you close those files they will be gone and no longer show up in current project, while other files even when you close them are part of your project folder structure.
With lots of open files its not clear which one of those you have already added to the project and which not.

You also might not want to add them all at the same place in your project folder structure, but in different places. Easy to loose the overview then.

The functionality to jump into project and show your current file in project structure would be very much appreciated.

BTW, in 4.5.6 (2477), even though I use the english version, when I open "Projects" - "Synchronize with drive content" I get a warning in Czech, not in English.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2014 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák