You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: wierd "first save" issue

Re: wierd "first save" issue

#1 wierd "first save" issue

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 04/03/2012 01:03 | IP: IP Logged

Whenever I open a new file in PsPad, type data into the file, then do Save, it opens the Save As dialog, but instead of suggesting the filename that I already gave the file, it offers whatever is in the first line of the file, which can be VERY long. Note that PsPad already knowns the name I gave the new file, because it is displaying it on the title bar, it just doesn't use it in the Save As dialog. This *only* happens with new files; on subsequent saves, it works fine.

Is there anything I can do to make PsPad use the filename that I already specified, in the Save As dialog?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: wierd "first save" issue

Posted by: pspad | Date: 04/09/2012 18:38 | IP: IP Logged

I don't agree.
If you run PSpad with new (nonexisting) file with specified path, PSpad will keep it.

Try to run:
PSpad.exe "C:\some path\some file.txt"

#3 Re: wierd "first save" issue

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 04/09/2012 19:29 | IP: IP Logged

Well, in its initial configuration, it was behaving as I described, when I typed the command as you described. I wouldn't have posted my message if it wasn't doing so.

However, I've been poking around in the program options, and I changed something (I don't know what) which caused it to start working the way it should (i.e., as you described), so I'm fine now. Sure wish I knew what I changed to make it start working!

#4 Re: wierd "first save" issue

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 04/18/2012 20:28 | IP: IP Logged

Okay, I know how to force this bug to happen now. If PsPad is already open, viewing other file(s), and I open a new file from the command line (which is how I always open files in an editor). Then, when I execute Save or SaveAs, it will take the file name from the first line of text in the file, even though it shows the correct, intended filename on the title bar.

Look at this example; notice the filename on the title bar, and the suggested filename in the Save As dialog:

www.flickr.com

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2014 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák