You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: PasteBin

Re: PasteBin

#1 PasteBin

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 03/14/2012 21:17 | IP: IP Logged

Probably asking to much but would it be possible to integrate PasteBin support to make it easy to edit and save code to PasteBin? You need an account to view the API at pastebin.com

I fully understand if it's to much to implement.

--
Carbonize

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PasteBin

Posted by: pspad | Date: 03/14/2012 21:24 | IP: IP Logged

What for is it?
Is there more people who will use it?

#3 Re: PasteBin

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 03/15/2012 11:56 | IP: IP Logged

PasteBin.com is for sharing and storing code. It's not an SVN but it does come in really useful for me to store my code ideas as well as share them with other people.

Like I said just an idea I had after trying a program someone had wrote for uploading/editing/saving code to PasteBin but it only has a basic text editor component.

This is my PasteBin - pastebin.com

I would just write a script to do it but it's not something you can do with scripting.

--
Carbonize

#4 Re: PasteBin

Posted by: myf | Date: 03/15/2012 14:18 | IP: IP Logged

It is interesting idea indeed, but I don't think such extra functionality bound to some webservice belongs to the core of general purpose text editor.

I think it might be possible to write a script for it (their API seems nice). Dunno whether scipt istself can use http, but if not, maybe it might cooperate with cURL or such dark magical thingy.

But generally I think the best way to get pasteBin to desktop and to our favourite text editor would be some "dropbox-like" approach, i.e. form editors point of view just filesystem and static files, without knowing about syncing magic running behind.

#5 Re: PasteBin

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 03/15/2012 18:44 | IP: IP Logged

Scripting was my first thought but wouldn't work as you need to fetch your api key and then use it to retrieve a list of any existing files you may of uploaded.

Having said that you don't really need an account and can upload files anonymously.

--
Carbonize

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2014 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák