You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Malware in installer.

Malware in installer.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

#61 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-02-15 19:18 | IP: IP Logged

billps:
So you still intend bundling it with Malware nevertheless.

If you think I am going to help you do that, how can I say this without sounding disrespectful - fo guck y'self.

You can download PSPad ZIP archive. There is no installer.
You have told you put PSpad on your black list. Please leave this forum. I wont be rude, I wont lower myself as you did.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#62 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-15 19:25 | IP: IP Logged

You already "lowered yourself" mate, by distributing malware.

For your sake, I sure hope the Karma doesn't getcha!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 19:26 by billps.

#63 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-02-15 19:28 | IP: IP Logged

Jan as I said earlier they are just a stupid child acting tough behind the anonymity of their computer screen. I have yet to see a single post they have made that is actually constructive rather than just criticising and name calling. You could switch to just offering the Ask toolbar and they would still accuse you off installing malware. Billps will be no loss to the userbase and definitely no loss to this forum.

As to the final proof they are a troll? They carry on posting here despite saying they will no longer use your program.

--
Carbonize

#64 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-15 20:01 | IP: IP Logged

whoa 64 posts already. smiling smiley

PSPad IS potentially dangerous to innocent users who accidentally install it using your Malware/virus ridden installer. Who knows what it contains - Malware to be sure, but it could get worse, who knows.

As pspad has said, he/she intends bundling the Malware with a different installer - admittedly one that is easier to diffuse - but one that is nevertheless used to distribute malware.

This is utterly despicable behaviour and totally indefensible.

I may be a "troll" but at least I will be able to sleep tonight.

#65 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-02-15 20:26 | IP: IP Logged

billps:
PSPad IS potentially dangerous to innocent users who accidentally install it using your Malware/virus ridden installer. Who knows what it contains - Malware to be sure, but it could get worse, who knows.

As pspad has said, he/she intends bundling the Malware with a different installer - admittedly one that is easier to diffuse - but one that is nevertheless used to distribute malware.

This is utterly despicable behaviour and totally indefensible.

There are two ways for me now:
1. keep PSPad as freeware and continue with budled software
2. make PSPad as shareware

I think with new partner there wont be babylon toolbar only but some useful offers too. First possibility will keep PSPad as freeware for any purposes, include commercial. Nobody is forced to install offers. Installation of bundled software isn't hidden, all is made transparently - user have choice.

Trolls has possibility to use archive without installer - I prefer this possibility for any software I use. When author offers archive instead installer, it means application is portable.

Is Google toolbar or Yahoo toolbar or SweetIM toolbar malware in your eyes? Start fight with Yahoo messenger and Chrome and other companies too please...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 20:29 by pspad.

#66 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-16 09:31 | IP: IP Logged

I can see you have never installed Babylon tool bar. It's nothing like a Yahoo or Google Toolbar or any legitimate toolbar.

It is Malware plain and simple, it hijacks browsers and redirects google searches, it's difficult to remove, and it requires a registry edit to remove all the components completely, whereas Yahoo and Google Toolbars are not Malware - they are easily removed from the system using add/remove programs.

Go on, give it a go, install Babylon Toolbar, I'm sure you'll just love it.

I would have gladly paid a few bucks for PSPad had it been shareware. Although, now I don't know - you see the trust is gone already.

If keeping it "free" means selling your soul to the devil, then just charge people for it, or you will end up being tarred with the same brush as those who push malware.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 09:45 by billps.

#67 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-02-16 10:22 | IP: IP Logged

Jan as I said previously I wouldn't take these as an intelligent source of information nor representational of your user base. The Babylon issue has been brought to your attention and you are dealing with it. Not sure what more this moron actually expects from you. Maybe he thinks that, like him, you have no life and devote all your time to PSPad.

BTW I did find this en.wikipedia.org

Quote:
On 7 August 2010, Microsoft antivirus products identified the software application as malware (identified as "Adware:Win32/Babylon") due to potentially intrusive behavior.[11] Sixteen days later, on 23 August 2010, Microsoft announced that Babylon Ltd.
had modified the program and that it was no longer categorized as malware

I am guessing this is the same Babylon that gets offered in the installer.

Full removal instructions for anyone that wants to get rid of it -
tinyurl.com

--
Carbonize

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 10:24 by carbonize.

#68 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-16 12:34 | IP: IP Logged

@ Carbonize

I got this malware a week ago from using the installer for PSPad, and believe me it is still malware, and pretty nasty. Horrible browser hijack. In fact it hijacked IE9, Google Chrome and Firefox 9

If you are so confident you are right, why aren't you installing it right now to test it?

CHICKEN?

I am well aware of your link on how to remove this, which is exactly the process I described already. If pspad takes the time to check the comments there, he will get a rough idea of the mysery he has been inflicting on his users.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 12:47 by billps.

#69 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-02-16 18:19 | IP: IP Logged

Because I don't go around installing software I neither need nor want. Even the site with the removal instructions says it's not malware.

Quote:
It received Guinness World Records becoming the most downloaded Desktop translation software. That's amazing! It once was identified as Adware:Win32/Babylon by Microsoft because of intrusive behavior, however, Babylon is not categorized as malware anymore.

--
Carbonize

#70 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-16 22:36 | IP: IP Logged

@Carbonize - so you are chicken then!

Thought so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 22:46 by billps.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR