You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Malware in installer.

Malware in installer.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

#41 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-02-15 12:45 | IP: IP Logged

I am testing new partner. It's bundled installer is more clear.
There is option too for setup parts of bundled software, but there is one Decline button.
If you simple click on Decline, nothing will be downloaded and installed into your computer.

I think this solution will be better and more clear for all.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#42 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-15 12:55 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I am testing new partner. It's bundled installer is more clear.
There is option too for setup parts of bundled software, but there is one Decline button.
If you simple click on Decline, nothing will be downloaded and installed into your computer.

I think this solution will be better and more clear for all.

Then WHY IS IT, as of today, there still a link on your site to the brothersoft site to download the MALWARE INFESTED installer.

I checked this today:

WHY DON'T YOU JUST REMOVE THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 12:56 by billps.

#43 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-15 13:01 | IP: IP Logged

Now, let's have a look at this and try to understand exactly what it is telling your users.

What it says is that you - "PSPad" - highly recommends that you install this malware/crapware on your computer.

PSPad is RECOMMENDING MALWARE to its users.

Or do you have your eyes shut to what is going on here.

Take this installer link OFF YOUR WEBSITE NOW!!!!

#44 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-02-15 13:37 | IP: IP Logged

billps:
Now, let's have a look at this and try to understand exactly what it is telling your users.

What it says is that you - "PSPad" - highly recommends that you install this malware/crapware on your computer.

If you have any comments to "malware" you instaled voluntarily, continue in this thread. If you will continue spam over whole forum, you will be banned.

#45 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-02-15 13:58 | IP: IP Logged

billps:

Ahh have to love people who are brave behind the anonymity of their computers. Do nothing but bad mouth and insult.

There is an old saying, "If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all." In this situation I'd say if you have nothing constructive to add then just shut the hell up.

Jan posted that he is testing a new installer and then, in less than 10 minutes, you are bitching about a third party site. You think Jan has nothing better to do than sit their going through every site? A simple, "You've forgotten to update the Brothersoft page" would of been the mature thing to post.

What proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you want to do nothing other than bitch and moan is the fact that you went and downloaded the installer from every single possible source just in the hope of finding one that had yet to be updated to the new installer.

To put it in a nutshell and keeping to small words so you will understand:

GROW UP

--
Carbonize

#46 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: myf | Date: 2012-02-15 14:24 | IP: IP Logged

carbonize, billps, guys, let's cool down, that's the best thing we could do now. I kinda agree with both of you, though none of us apparently is able to communicate like grown up man, or at least effectively enough to understand each other.

I don't like billps's offensive posts a lot (more to say he is posting elsewhere in this forum in the same tune), but I must agree with his proposal of either removing the flawed third-party component from installer and release fixed version as soon as possible or temporarily remove the installer from official site until replacement of that component is implemented and tested enough. In fact, I thought this is the way the staus quo already is, and I was wrong. I admit I made a mistake of not verifying my statement, and I apologize. billps had corrected me more than enough so I must even pardon his childish rough tone.

Peace.

#47 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-15 15:25 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
Ahh have to love people who are brave behind the anonymity of their computers. Do nothing but bad mouth and insult.

OK, so I spammed the other threads - sorry guys. But in my defence no one is listening, and perhaps I got a little irate/carried away.

So please, I am asking once again, nicely this time, Please remove the link to the evil PSPad malware installer hosted at brothersoft.

You know it's the RIGHT THING TO DO.

#48 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: billps | Date: 2012-02-15 15:31 | IP: IP Logged

carbonize:
you went and downloaded the installer from every single possible source just in the hope of finding one that had yet to be updated to the new installer.

No, I simply followed the link published on the PSPad website for the installer.

#49 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-02-15 16:49 | IP: IP Logged

OK. This is example of new bundled software (another company):
www.pspad.com
There is nothing for install. Take it as sample of bundled software only.

Let me know if it will be more clear.

#50 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: prowla | Date: 2012-02-15 16:52 | IP: IP Logged

(To carbonize, who doesn't quite get the point..., and BTW, the reason I installed it after using it for years is that I installed it onto another computer!)

The point is that the installer defaults to installing malware.

And that plainly and simply contradicts the "no malware" tenet of the product.

People download the product within the installer, and therefore they cannot be differentiated.

Blaming the user for not bring vigilant enough to spot that there is a "don't install the product that we recommend and will install unless you say otherwise" (and ignoring the previously documented occasion where a user said no and it went and installed it anyway!!!) is not a viable defence.

In selecting an installer that includes malware, the product is endorsing that malware.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 16:54 by prowla.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR