You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Malware in installer.

Malware in installer.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

#91 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: spetry | Date: 2012-09-30 19:12 | IP: IP Logged

Yes I'm afraid your download is littered with rubbish. This is too bad. PSPAD has been like an old friend for the last few years. Yesterday I got a laptop, downloaded your program, and now my computer is infected with Blekko browser search, something called infoatoms which can't be uninstalled without installing it first!

I'm sure you're making a few $'s by partnering with these rogue download sites, but really a user's expectation is that when I'm downloading your program - I'm downloading your program.

And don't give me this "it asked you" crap. It didn't. And to my former point, when I'm downloading your program - I expect to download your program and nothing else.

You've lost an old friend today.

And I'm going to make sure to post this everywhere I can as a warning to others.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#92 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-09-30 20:17 | IP: IP Logged

spetry:
You've lost an old friend today.

And I'm going to make sure to post this everywhere I can as a warning to others.

An old friend and yet you've only just joined the forum to make two identical posts that are doing nothing but bad mouthing the program you claim to have used for years and then going on to say you intend to go on and bad mouth it on other sites.

If you are a long term user why is it you have only just used the installer?

In other words you are just a troll talking rubbish. Quite possibly this is your second or third forum account just being used to go on and on about the installer.

--
Carbonize

#93 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: CFen | Date: 2012-10-01 01:27 | IP: IP Logged

Reporting a similar issue with PSPad Installer, however not quite the same problem.

I did download via the mirror for the latest version tonight with the Windows installer, however my Trend Micro AV Suite found this particular problem directly after installation of PSPad. It appears that "Instman.exe" is originating from my AppData folder in Win7 64-bit OS. I'm requesting to know whether this behvaior is expected of PSPad's installer, or should I be aware of any particular problems PSPad's installer has had recently with unwanted adware installed. If you need to know additional information, please contact me via E-mail.

Thanks for your time,

EDIT: More info on other flagged threats on my AV Suite:
5 total Web Threats, 4 originating from this site: brothersoftextreme.ourtoolbar.com

In addition, the final threat comes from a site called www.dlsafeateast.com, which I believe to guess that's where the original .exe I downloaded originated from (just a guess).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-01 01:40 by CFen.

#94 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-10-01 08:03 | IP: IP Logged

I don't know what link did you click on Brothersoft page. You don't need to download PSPad from Brothersoft, you can download it from several mirrors directly from PSPad page.

There is available ZIP version and you can be sure there is nothing else than PSpad inside.

#95 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-10-01 20:34 | IP: IP Logged

CFen since you are actually providing intelligent reports rather than just knee jerk, the sky is falling in, trolling can you tell us exactly where you downloaded your installer from? If the site has multiple links, such as Brother Soft does, can you say exactly which link you clicked.

--
Carbonize

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-01 20:34 by carbonize.

#96 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: CFen | Date: 2012-10-02 02:04 | IP: IP Logged

Direct from the Pspad.com website. In this case you are right, I did use the brothersoft link provided here:

www.brothersoft.com

Actual non-linked version is www.brothersoft.com/download-pspad-editor-24977.html

In this case it downloaded as normally, installed normally, but the moment I hit "Finish" multiple flags showed up.

By this responce I assume "Instman.exe" was not related to the installation of PSPad at all. If you require additional information, please let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-02 02:05 by CFen.

#97 Re: Malware in installer.

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2012-10-02 20:49 | IP: IP Logged

Jan I downloaded the installer from the Installer link which points to Brothersoft and then from the HTTP mirror. There is a slight difference in file size and they have different MD5.

I extracted the files from both installers using uniextract and there are definitely differences there.

--
Carbonize

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR