You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Can't see recently opened projects...

Re: Can't see recently opened projects...

#1 Can't see recently opened projects...

Posted by: dtmackenzie | Date: 2011-12-08 09:42 | IP: IP Logged

...at end of Project menu in PSPad Version 4.5.6 (2427) under Windows 7.

I'm confused about the difference between projects and sessions, so could I be doing something wrong?
Nevertheless thanks for a great editor!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-08 09:45 by dtmackenzie.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Can't see recently opened projects...

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-12-08 10:38 | IP: IP Logged

Session is simple list of open files in moment you save session
Project is functionality, what allows you create virtual folders, set specific editor options for project, ...

#3 Re: Can't see recently opened projects...

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-12-08 10:39 | IP: IP Logged

If you don't see list of recent projects, check in program settings / files and dirs if recent history is enabled

#4 Re: Can't see recently opened projects...

Posted by: dtmackenzie | Date: 2011-12-13 08:25 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for your answers. I'm using the German version - the first checkbox of the files and directories settings ("Dateien in Verlaufliste aufnehmen") is checked, but neither the recently used files nor the recently used projects are shown. I don't think I changed anything from the previous version, but could I have done something wrong in the installation (the previous file lists weren't taken over in the current version)?

#5 Re: Can't see recently opened projects...

Posted by: dtmackenzie | Date: 2013-11-26 08:37 | IP: IP Logged

I finally found a solution!
After giving write permissions to the program directory, everything works.
This is somewhat unusual on current Windows systems (64-bit Windows 7 in my case) - it would be better to store the settings in the "Application Data" directory - but I can live with this.
Thank you again for a great editor!

#6 Re: Can't see recently opened projects...

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-11-26 11:21 | IP: IP Logged

dtmackenzie:
I finally found a solution!
After giving write permissions to the program directory, everything works.
This is somewhat unusual on current Windows systems (64-bit Windows 7 in my case) - it would be better to store the settings in the "Application Data" directory - but I can live with this.
Thank you again for a great editor!

You use PSPad as portable but you install it into Program files folder. It's user problem not PSPad problem.

You have 2 ways how to fix it:
1. Run PSPad installer again and uncheck option "Portable application" during setup.
2. Run PSPad as administrator (use right mouse) to elevate PSpad rights, go to Program settings/System and check Multiuser environment

Your previous setting will be preserverd.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR