You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Tool panel looses its width

Tool panel looses its width

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2011-09-20 12:44 | IP: IP Logged

When you close PSPad with tool panel in closed state, then open PSPad and open the tool panel, tool panel loses its last width.

If you have tool panel state open and give it a width, f.e. 300px, then you close and reopen PSPad, tool panel has correct width of 300px.

It will be nice, if the width of tool panel keeps his last width even if I close PSPad with tool panel state closed.

For me the standard width of tool panel is to small, everytime I have to drag it to a greater width.

Windows XP

Andreas

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-09-20 12:55 | IP: IP Logged

Do you mean left or right panel?

#3 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2013-09-22 13:03 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

sorry, did not get your reply in 2011. Still waiting for this feature. With every version I hope that it's implemented sad smiley

It regards the left vertical Tool Panel, View - Tool Panel STRG F2.

It would be great if you can implement it.

Using PSPad on Windows XP.

From Germany Andreas

edit: related to forum.pspad.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-22 13:14 by Andreas.

#4 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-09-22 13:20 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Are you sure? I tested it and width of left tool vertical panel keeps it's width even you close and open PSPad.

You can see it in PSPad ini in [CONFIG] section as ProjWidth

#5 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2013-10-17 12:07 | IP: IP Logged

Hallo Jan,

sorry, for some reasons I get no emails from this forum although I marked "Send replies to this thread to me via email".

Yes I'm sure. If I make the width of the bar f.e. 400px wide, then close the bar, then close PSPad, then open PSPad, then open the bar, it's about 180px wide. But in config I can find the value:
ProjWidth=400

Also if I change ProjWidth while running PSPad, it did not react to the value.

PSPad 4.5.8 (2457)
Windows XP SP3

Andreas

#6 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-10-17 12:29 | IP: IP Logged

Are you able to seva other settings?
Where is your config file stored? You can see it in the Program settings / Backup in the bottom part of window.
There can be problem if you install PSPad as portable into Program file folder. In this case PSPad has no right to write config.

#7 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2013-10-17 14:58 | IP: IP Logged

Yes PSPad can write all settings it all works fine for years. It even writes ProjWidth to config, but it did not care about the value.

Only if I close PSPad with open sidebar its width gets restored on opening.

E:\Portable\PortableApps\PSPadPortable\PSPad.INI

#8 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-02-11 21:25 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

it's me again. Meanwhile using PSPad 4.5.8 (2463) on Windows 7.

I hoped the problem did belong to WinXP, but unfortunately it's still the same.

Toolpanel width will only be remembered, if I close PSPad with opened toolpanel.

During work I often open and close the toolpanel so sometimes (very often) I close PSPad with closed toolpanel, so mostly I have to adjust toolpanels width again. This is very annoying.

Additionaly I figured out, that column width of toolpanel also doesn't get restored.

Please can you have a new look at that problem? I've made a lot of screenshots, but I think they are not necessary. Tell me if they are. Tell me if I should send you my PSPad.INI.

Andreas

#9 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2015-01-13 20:51 | IP: IP Logged

Anything new on that one? I can't believe that this bug (or missing feature) only appears on my system. Please to everyone test this and tell.

- make the width of the bar f.e. 400px wide
- close the sidebar !important
- close PSPad
- open PSPad
- open the sidebar

After last step sidebar on my system again is in small state, not 400px wide.

#10 Re: Tool panel looses its width

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-26 12:34 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas:
When you close PSPad with tool panel in closed state, then open PSPad and open the tool panel, tool panel loses its last width.

If you have tool panel state open and give it a width, f.e. 300px, then you close and reopen PSPad, tool panel has correct width of 300px.

It will be nice, if the width of tool panel keeps his last width even if I close PSPad with tool panel state closed.

For me the standard width of tool panel is to small, everytime I have to drag it to a greater width.

Windows XP

Andreas

Fixed. Available in the next build

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR