You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

#1 Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: NullTerminator | Date: 2011-05-19 23:32 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, great editor, but on Win 7 Drag & Drop does not work.

I get + icon when I drag over, but nothing happens. I turned off UAC, but no help. Double click worked after I registered the extensions.

4.5.0 2183

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: NullTerminator | Date: 2011-05-19 23:54 | IP: IP Logged

I also tried 4.5.4.2356. Now I get the drop disabled icon instead of the plus icon. Tried variouos 'run as administrator' run in xp compatibility

Win 7 Home Prem 64 bit

NullT

#3 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: brad12 | Date: 2011-05-24 08:22 | IP: IP Logged

No it's not true..it is working in my case. Just check the setting where the option is called drag abd drop allowed or not allowed.

#4 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: ulik | Date: 2014-06-07 08:26 | IP: IP Logged

brad12:
No it's not true..it is working in my case. Just check the setting where the option is called drag abd drop allowed or not allowed.

I have exactely the same problem as NullTerminator, but I'm not able to find mentioned setting ... could you be more specific where to find it? Thanx

#5 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: KoteProf | Date: 2014-06-07 17:08 | IP: IP Logged

The same problem, could you help me with removing this problem.

#6 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-06-07 18:38 | IP: IP Logged

please write exactly what doesnt work. from what source you drag and where you want to drop and what

#7 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: ulik | Date: 2014-06-09 07:26 | IP: IP Logged

I have windows 7 64. For example I have opened empty PSPad and beside I have opened window of File Expolrer. I try to drag and drop some text file - the "plus" mouse icon apears, but nothing happens. I have to find the file by built in explorer in PSPad ...

#8 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-06-09 08:02 | IP: IP Logged

My system: Windows 7 x64
PSPad (it doesn't depends if there is any file open or not)
Windows Explorer (or any other file manager)
I drag file and drop it to PSPad window (into text area) and file is open in the PSPad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-09 08:03 by pspad.

#9 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: ulik | Date: 2014-06-09 08:45 | IP: IP Logged

I found out the problem, but it is connected to another. I had the PSPad set "run as Admin" because if it is not - new ftp connections are not saved after restart. But if it is running as Administrator the drag'n'drop doesn't work.

I think the problem is, because the downloaded program wasn't installed, but only copied - build 4.5.8 from zip.

I downloaded and installed 4.5.7 and now both things work without "run as Admin"

#10 Re: Drag and Drop Not work in Windows 7

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-06-09 10:16 | IP: IP Logged

ulik:
I found out the problem, but it is connected to another. I had the PSPad set "run as Admin" because if it is not - new ftp connections are not saved after restart. But if it is running as Administrator the drag'n'drop doesn't work.

I think the problem is, because the downloaded program wasn't installed, but only copied - build 4.5.8 from zip.

I downloaded and installed 4.5.7 and now both things work without "run as Admin"

Your problem is caused you installed PSPad as portable into program files folder.
Or you simple unpacked developer build into program files folder.
In portable mode PSpad stores all config files into it's location. And no application is allowed to write into program files.

Run PSpad as admin, go to settings / System settings and check multiuser environment. Restart PSPad in standard mode (not as admin). All settings should be coppied into your profile and PSPad will be able to save settings.

If you want to use developer build, install last full version and replace existing files with developer build.

If you run PSpad as admin, it's started in another context. You can't await you will be able to drag/drop files from one user context to another one.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR