You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Change font kerning?

Change font kerning?

#1 Change font kerning?

Posted by: ExVee | Date: 2011-04-09 22:17 | IP: IP Logged

I just started using PSPad, and so far I'm liking the extent of features in the program. But one thing really bothering me is that compared to literally every other text editor I've ever used, all the fonts have a lot more space between each character. It may sound nuts, but it's incredibly distracting.

I need a way to set the kerning down to what I'm used to, but a series of searches here and rummaging around in the menus of the software don't show any results, leading me to ask directly. So please let me know how to fix this problem.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Change font kerning?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-04-10 05:42 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad version?
What font are you using in editor?

#3 Re: Change font kerning?

Posted by: jd | Date: 2011-04-19 22:57 | IP: IP Logged

a workaround is to use a font with tighter spacing. i am currently using Dina (google for Dina font). Courier looks poor, Monotype looks terrible.

(i thought i asked about this years ago, but i can't find the message in the forum. i am using Windows XP with the latest build of PSPad.)

#4 Re: Change font kerning?

Posted by: Manfred62 | Date: 2011-04-20 14:38 | IP: IP Logged

I'm also using the Dina font. Looks very nice.
www.donationcoder.com

Manfred

--
PSPad 4.5.9 (2525)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-20 14:38 by Manfred62.

#5 Re: Change font kerning?

Posted by: =asm= | Date: 2013-06-02 19:06 | IP: IP Logged

The same issue is still there (that's why I'm not using PSpad for some time). I made comparison with Notepad++ for Dina font and Lucida Console (my favorite).

Dina font: every row is one pixel heigher, kerning is the same.
Lucida console font: every row is one pixel heigher, kerning is one pixel wider (and that's the problem).

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR