You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > File Explorer enhancements

File Explorer enhancements

#1 File Explorer enhancements

Posted by: SMWEB | Date: 2010-08-23 22:40 | IP: IP Logged

Hi!

I really like PsPad. There is just one thing that prevents me from using it on a daily basis (instead Notepad++): the file explorer

Things that don't work in the file explorer (but should):
- F5 > refresh
- The rename feature should work in the folder tree as well
- F2 should invoke Rename, when used within the file explorer
- Drag&drop should work between the upper & lower pane
- Drag&drop should work within the folder tree
- CTRL + Drag should copy, SHIFT + Drag should move the file/folder
- The explorer should subscribe to file change notification events and reload itself automatically when such events occur
- Right-clicking in the folder tree should select the clicked folder
- Right-clicking a folder should offer "New file.." and "New folder.." and also "Search/Replace in Files.."

Notepad++'s "Explorer" plugin does it almost right, so it's great to get some ideas from.

I'm sure many users are waiting for the file explorer to get as mature as the editor itself, which is the best one I have ever seen!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: File Explorer enhancements

Posted by: Brian | Date: 2014-03-07 17:56 | IP: IP Logged

I agree with SMWEB's suggestions, some of which I hadn't thought of! I'm surprised this hasn't been acknowledged or addressed since the post was made almost four years ago. :(

Please please please implement at least some of these suggestions; especially the ones that would be consistent with native Windows behavior (F5 refresh, F2 rename, etc.) I'd even be willing to pay for PSPad if it meant having full functionality.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR