You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > File Contents were Changed. Reload?

File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#51 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: myf | Date: 2012-01-27 11:18 | IP: IP Logged

nergmlam:
So the only problem is to find out if there is changes.

Just press CTRL+R

But be aware that it will clear complete undo history of the file.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#52 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: Xypher | Date: 2012-02-23 11:32 | IP: IP Logged

myf:
Xypher:
The File change recognition still not work properly on Windows 7.

Perhaps it is useful to know that i am working 100% on network shares.

Yup. You may check time setting of your computer and time settings of the network device. If there is some offset, you'll get what you described. You can do a quick check: save file to your local drive and save it to the share, then look at properties at "Last Modified" attribute of both files. Please refer to this (long) thread concerning this issue.

Client and Server are syncing time over the same NTP Server and are showing exactly the same time.
When comparing the time the way you wrote, both files show the same time.

#53 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: myf | Date: 2012-02-23 12:54 | IP: IP Logged

Xypher:
Client and Server are syncing time over the same NTP Server and are showing exactly the same time.

Thanks for valuable report. To sum it up, now we are certain, that bug occurs in
PSPad 4.5.7 (2437) Windows 7, networks share even with NTP set correctly.

This quite destroys my primary suspicion (I described earlier my experience with home network with NAS with absent/incorrect NTP), but is certainly better than misleading assumptions.

#54 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: Xypher | Date: 2012-02-23 15:55 | IP: IP Logged

myf:
Xypher:

Thanks for valuable report. To sum it up, now we are certain, that bug occurs in
PSPad 4.5.7 (2437) Windows 7, networks share even with NTP set correctly.

This quite destroys my primary suspicion (I described earlier my experience with home network with NAS with absent/incorrect NTP), but is certainly better than misleading assumptions.

That's right.
Just to complete the info it's Windows 7 Pro 32Bit

#55 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: Xypher | Date: 2013-01-01 14:17 | IP: IP Logged

Hey,
happy new year smiling smiley

Still no solution for this problem?
I am working about 98% on network drives.
This bug is very annoying. sad smiley
I checked several other programs for our needs, but yours is probably the best. smiling smiley

I just found sth. which could be a hint for this bug.
What about connection problems(slow connections) which are prohibiting the function to get the timestamp of the file in time?

When at work I got this problem in 1 of three cases. currently i am working over VPN(with a slow upstream connection) and have this problem all the time.

Just my 2cent smiling smiley

Best regards
Xypher

#56 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: khagaroth | Date: 2013-01-25 17:26 | IP: IP Logged

How about trying to use ReadDirectoryChangesW instead of GetFileInformationByHandle? Don't know how well it works for watching network folders, but it might be worth a try.

#57 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-01-25 19:20 | IP: IP Logged

ReadDirectoryChangesW is event. If you open 50 files from different folders, you need to register to follow changes in 50 folders

#58 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: Timon34 | Date: 2013-01-28 17:03 | IP: IP Logged

For me, the biggest problem is that when the file was actually changed in an external program and I see prompt "File Contents were Changed. Reload?" and press "Yes to all" actually content update occurs only in files own tab, not in tab with two files compare! Compared content remains unchanged. You can test it in a very simple way. Make two files. Name one of them 1.txt and write in it "123". The second one name 2.txt and write in it "12345". Compare two files in PSPad. After that without closing PSPad, edit content of file 1.txt from "123" to "1234". Switch back to PSPad. You'll see request "File Contents were Changed. Reload?" Answer "Yes to all". By idea in that case changed content must be updated in all tabs. But you'll see that content of file 1.txt was changed to "1234" in its own tab, but in tab with two files compare you'll see old content "123" for file 1.txt. You have to update info in this tab for desired file manually with Ctrl-R. But "Yes to all" must update info in all opened tabs!

#59 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-01-28 19:53 | IP: IP Logged

Compared content is something else than changed file content itself.
I see your request first time. There is no problem to call refresh on file compare if there was change in file what is currently compared. I am not sure, if is it wanted functionality.

What you need is press Ctrl+R in Text compare window now - call textdiff window refresh manually.

#60 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: Timon34 | Date: 2013-01-29 05:00 | IP: IP Logged

But what's the point of reload then? I expect that after that action information must be updated on all tabs, but it turns out that it is not so. Yes, I can press Ctrl-R, but I must remember to do so and on a right file. I still think it's a bug.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR