You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-04-06 13:06 | IP: IP Logged

DelphiErik:
Example: say your screen is 1280x1024 pix and the taskbar is 60 pix heigh. Set the PSPad window to the position (top left) x=200, y=3 and give it a height of 955. Now you have 3 pix rest room from the top of your screen and 6 pix between the bottom of PSPad and the taskbar. So it's a little smaller then the total available height (screen height minus taskbar height).
In PSPad select "save main window position", close it and start it again. Now the top of the window is correct (y=3) but the bottom is "up" to about twice the taskbar-height.

The previous version of PSPad worked correctly on this.

I can't simulate it. can somebody else confirm it?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: tigster72 | Date: 2010-04-11 00:25 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for looking into it. I am a very loyal user of PSPad and have recommended and suggested it to many other developers that I know. I'm less concern about the problem with the tiling of the window cutting the screen in half when PSPad is the only window not minimized because that has been doing that since I began using PSPad. Having PSPad open with the window size short by the height of my auto-hiding Windows Taskbar is what I'm most bothered by. I like to work with all of my application windows "maximized". I put maximized in quotes because I tile them to fill the full screen, but I don't actually choose the Maximized setting. I learned awhile back that Windows has an easier time "remembering" my window size setting if I tile the window to fill the entire screen space instead of choosing Maximize on the context menu when right-clicking on an application in the Windows Taskbar. I then hold the Shift key down when I exit. That seems to work for 99% of applications.

#13 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: grantiago | Date: 2012-10-28 18:06 | IP: IP Logged

Still having this problem. Pspad opens in a very small window and doesn't remember size. I have tried changing settings as admin. settings > programs settings > program part 2: save main window position checked.

psp 4.5.6 2427
windows 7 x64

annoying.

#14 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-10-28 21:09 | IP: IP Logged

grantiago:
Still having this problem. Pspad opens in a very small window and doesn't remember size. I have tried changing settings as admin. settings > programs settings > program part 2: save main window position checked.

psp 4.5.6 2427
windows 7 x64

annoying.

In Windows 7 no program has right to write into Pogram Files Folder.
Run PSpad with Right mouse as administrator, go to program settings / System integration and check multiuser environment.
Restart PSpad

#15 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: grantiago | Date: 2012-10-30 17:25 | IP: IP Logged

thanks. PsPad is running in the multi-user environment. I had already tried it in both instances. When PSPad is run as admin the window opens in the correct size. As a user it opens in a very small window.

#16 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: groston | Date: 2014-01-15 23:08 | IP: IP Logged

I know that it is bad form to reply to an old thread, but...

I just started having this problem. PSPad (to which I switched after UEdit started changing and notepadd++ start to annoy me) had worked eprfectly for months. As of a few days ago, any file which I open shows up 60 columns wide and 51 rows tall. I have tried to of the ideas suggested in this thred, but no luck.

Yes, this is just an annoyance, but I thought I would ask if anyone has figured out the solution. I am running V4.5.7 on Win 7 Pro x64.

#17 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-16 06:00 | IP: IP Logged

groston:
I know that it is bad form to reply to an old thread, but...

I just started having this problem. PSPad (to which I switched after UEdit started changing and notepadd++ start to annoy me) had worked eprfectly for months. As of a few days ago, any file which I open shows up 60 columns wide and 51 rows tall. I have tried to of the ideas suggested in this thred, but no luck.

Yes, this is just an annoyance, but I thought I would ask if anyone has figured out the solution. I am running V4.5.7 on Win 7 Pro x64.

Hello

It looks like you installed portable version into Program files folder.
Program has no chance to write into PSPad.ini in program files folder.

You have 2 ways how to fix it:
1. Run PSPad installer again and uncheck option "Portable application" during setup.
2. Run PSPad as administrator (use right mouse) to elevate PSpad rights, go to Program settings/System and check Multiuser environment

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR