You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: kaneda | Date: 2009-07-28 01:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hi all,

great program, I use it almost daily, thanks so much for it!

Recently however, PSpad is not loading ini a maximized window anymore and I am not sure if that is a bug or if I am too stupid to change it sad smiley

I checked all settings (Settings-> Save window position; Settings-->Program Settings --> Autosave main window position) but it doesn't help. I also checked Direct Editing but couldn't find something that looked as if it were referring to the window size.

If I start pspad in anyway, it opens in a small window (roughly the size of calc.exe), and in case of textiles, there are again also not maximized inside the pspad window.

This drives me a little nuts since it always involves these annoying extra clicks...

Any help on this rather stupid issue would be highly appreciated smiling smiley

regards,
kaneda

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-07-28 04:59 | IP: IP Logged

Menu settings / Program settings / Program 2
[x]Autosave main window position

#3 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: DelphiErik | Date: 2009-07-28 08:14 | IP: IP Logged

I think it's a bug in 4.5.4. It worked correctly in 4.5.3.

I never have PSPad maximized, but as a window about half the width of the screen and the full height of the screen (top to taskbar). When in this position, I select menu "Settings" > "Save main window position". Close PSPad and start it again. Now the height of PSPad is smaller than the height it was saved with.

This bug is only there when you save the window position when the height of PSPad is the maximum height available (top screen to taskbar (taskbar on the bottom of the screen)).

#4 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-07-28 12:26 | IP: IP Logged

If PSPad window is greater then screen size or PSPad window is behind screen, PSpad will change size to be whole window visible.
I don't think it is a bug.

#5 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: DelphiErik | Date: 2009-07-28 21:34 | IP: IP Logged

Well, I've tested it on Vista and XP, and the error is there on both OS'ses.
Example: say your screen is 1280x1024 pix and the taskbar is 60 pix heigh. Set the PSPad window to the position (top left) x=200, y=3 and give it a height of 955. Now you have 3 pix rest room from the top of your screen and 6 pix between the bottom of PSPad and the taskbar. So it's a little smaller then the total available height (screen height minus taskbar height).
In PSPad select "save main window position", close it and start it again. Now the top of the window is correct (y=3) but the bottom is "up" to about twice the taskbar-height.

The previous version of PSPad worked correctly on this.

#6 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-08-16 14:20 | IP: IP Logged

fix will be available in the next build

#7 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: D_Spider | Date: 2009-11-11 05:48 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks again for PSPad! (I've just installed version 4.5.4 after a new Windows install; I've been happily using 4.5.2 since it was out, and the version before, too).

I have two monitors, and use PSPad on the 2ndary one, usually full screen. When I "save window position," the window always reappears on the other (primary) monitor. With v.4.5.2, the "autosave window position" would cause the window to be where I had last had it, which was fine with me.

This is mostly FYI, since I learned from this thread to "save window position" with the main window almost maximized, and that works (with the extra space at the bottom, but I can live with that); i.e., the window reappears almost maximized on the 2ndary monitor.

Wha...? Okay, I just now maximized the window (after having it almost maximized), closed PSPad, opened it, and this time the window appeared maximized on the 2ndary monitor, as it is supposed to (but as it wouldn't for a week, before I "almost maximized"). I did it three times, and it works. You sort this out; I'm happy now. smiling smiley

--
D_Spider

#8 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: Xantier | Date: 2010-03-28 04:58 | IP: IP Logged

it is still not fixed in current build (PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2386))

#9 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: tigster72 | Date: 2010-04-04 16:55 | IP: IP Logged

This post sounded similar to the "Auto Hide Taskbar Confusing Tile Window Size" one that I posted to the forum on 3/22/2010, but got no response...albeit, this post was perhaps explained more clearly. Anyway, I also have a problem with PSPad not remembering the window size, but I think my problem has to do with the fact that I AutoHide the Windows Taskbar. PSPad(Jan), could you see if you can reproduce that behavior? I think it is also a bug? All you have to do is make your Taskbar two rows high, turn on the AutoHide option and then size the PSPad window using a right-click on the Taskbar and choose "Show Windows Side by Side" making sure that PSPad is the only application open. I then slide the right-side over to fill the whole sreen with PSPad. I don't know why tiling the PSPad window with this option always splits the window to half the full-size screen, but it's been doing that since I started using PSPad 6 years ago. If you exit PSPad after doing this and then re-enter, the window is shorter at the bottom by the size of the double-row Taskbar. I do have PSPad set to autosave main window position. If these instructions aren't clear, please let me know.

#10 Re: PSPad Window size, not saving, always too small

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-04-06 08:43 | IP: IP Logged

Problem with alignment size called from taskbar goes outside PSpad. Windows as operating system orders window from outside.

I will look for reason, why it happens

P.S. I tested MDI application created in Delphi 2010. It has same behavior - window has half size of free space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-06 09:06 by pspad.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR