You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Weird problem uninstalling

Weird problem uninstalling

#1 Weird problem uninstalling

Posted by: jimbo13 | Date: 04/07/2009 06:01 | IP: IP Logged

I uninstalled PSPAD and when ever I try to open a .txt I get the error "Couldn't find pspad.exe try to find this file and run it".

If I right click on any .txt and use "open with" and point it to a freshly downloaded notepad on my desktop I still get the error.

Windows also associates .txts with "notepad" but it has the pspad icon.

.Txt's will open from with in notepad.

Anyone have any idea whats up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 06:04 by jimbo13.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Weird problem uninstalling

Posted by: pspad | Date: 04/07/2009 06:37 | IP: IP Logged

If you assign Open TXT in PSPad in PSPad, not in installer, installer can't change it back, because it doesn't know it.

You can use simple way to correct association - use Right mouse over your .TXT in Windows Explorer, choose Open with..., choose in list Notepad and check checkbox to open always txt in Notepad.

#3 Re: Weird problem uninstalling

Posted by: jimbo13 | Date: 04/07/2009 06:46 | IP: IP Logged

Just fixed it, someone decided to switch some icons around and change the name of PSPAD to notepad.exe as a joke.

#4 Re: Weird problem uninstalling

Posted by: YoG | Date: 01/20/2011 09:40 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, i have the exact same problem. But all the other text-based extensions are associated with Notepad.exe.

When i run this command (i need it for Bluetooth-access)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS.1\system32\BtWizard.dll,RunMyComputerShortcut /open

that same window comes up: "Couldnt find Pspad.exe! Try to find this file and run it."
But i installed it with the installer and uninstalled it properly.. i even removed all the entries in the registry!

btw, nice forum design ! smoking smiley

#5 Re: Weird problem uninstalling

Posted by: pspad | Date: 01/20/2011 20:28 | IP: IP Logged

YoG:
Hi, i have the exact same problem. But all the other text-based extensions are associated with Notepad.exe.

When i run this command (i need it for Bluetooth-access)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS.1\system32\BtWizard.dll,RunMyComputerShortcut /open

that same window comes up: "Couldnt find Pspad.exe! Try to find this file and run it."
But i installed it with the installer and uninstalled it properly.. i even removed all the entries in the registry!

btw, nice forum design ! smoking smiley

This is a first time I meet this problem.
If I would be on your place, I would open regedit (or use some more inteligent tool like RegSeeker) and will start look for string "PSpad.exe"
There must be registration assiciated with your BT software registration.
You can delete keys, containing PSPad.exe

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2014 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák