You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Multi-Line Search Add-On

Multi-Line Search Add-On

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext

#21 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2006-10-24 20:50 | IP: IP Logged

I'd just like to point out, that there is a new version of the script added - phReplace.zip 1.1.18 - at www.phdesign.com.au. The size and position of the dialog can now be remembered and the "Selected text only" option reflects the editor selection.
Many thanks again, phdesigner.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: danderson | Date: 2006-10-26 14:56 | IP: IP Logged

I'd love to try this out, but unfortunately, when I execute the script, PSPad just hangs. No dialog appears. Using v1.1.18 of your plugin and the v4.5.1 (2207) PSPad.

#23 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: Joe Belmaati | Date: 2006-10-26 17:38 | IP: IP Logged

Outstanding!

#24 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: danderson | Date: 2006-10-27 03:35 | IP: IP Logged

danderson:
I'd love to try this out, but unfortunately, when I execute the script, PSPad just hangs. No dialog appears. Using v1.1.18 of your plugin and the v4.5.1 (2207) PSPad.

I figured out the problem. When I initially executed the script it appeared above the top of my monitor. I managed to get it onto my screen and save the position.

#25 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: phdesigner | Date: 2006-10-28 08:03 | IP: IP Logged

Hey All, Sorry I've been quiet. As you've already noticed I have been posting new versions to www.phdesign.com.au as i release them. At the moment I'm working on regular expressions support, shouldn't be too much longer till it's completed. I've also figured out the buffer overflow error that occurs when you search through a large file, that fix will be in the next release.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, I am taking it all in and trying to incorporate each idea.

#26 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: Joe Belmaati | Date: 2006-10-28 08:08 | IP: IP Logged

Many, many thank you's on a teriffic app and add on for PSPAd

#27 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: phdesigner | Date: 2006-11-06 07:25 | IP: IP Logged

Version 1.2.0 released here:
www.phdesign.com.au
(http://www.phdesign.com.au/document.php?page=software_phreplace)

#28 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: Joe Belmaati | Date: 2006-11-06 10:32 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
thank you very much for the new version. I can't get the regular expressions to work. I keep getting "Not Found".

Example:

^(\d{4})(.*)

(Matches four numerals at the beginning of a line followed by 0 or more occurances of anything). This regex should work on a line like this:

1969 - the year man landed on the moon

#29 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-11-06 11:04 | IP: IP Logged

That's strange. I have tried your very example and had no difficulties. Sure you haven't overlooked something?

#30 Re: Multi-Line Search Testers Needed

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2006-11-06 15:29 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for fixing the overflow issue as well as the implementation of regular expressions. Besides of this the script seems to run a bit faster.
However I also have problems with regex search/replace (is it possible, that I have to install some more complex scripting support, or it should allready be there on Win XPp, or possibly in your dll?
Searching with RE works for me (maybe except of the newline "\n", which is matching-highlighting the first character of the next line)
but the replace function doesn't work if the search pattern contains metacharacters. I.e. replacing "a" with "b" works but replacing "a+" highlights the same "a" but doesn't replace it using replace. the same with (a),[a], a{1} ..., the special characters like \s \n \d ... cant't be replaced too.

I also would like to ask if the multiline mode could be set somehow, in order to make . (dot) match a newline, so that ^/$ only match at the absolute beginig/end of the whole text.

Hope it could be fixed,
Thanks, again.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR