You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Multi-Line Search Add-On

Multi-Line Search Add-On

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next

#121 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2009-10-25 17:50 | IP: IP Logged

>"Hi Paul, thanks for continuing the development of this excellent tool; "
I add myself to this grinning smiley

I will wait before updating the first post of this thread before you will tell me to do so.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#122 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: phdesigner | Date: 2009-10-28 10:34 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I've tested phreplace on win xp, vista and even a completely fresh install of xp sp2 and I can't replicate the issue. From the error log it looks like it may be something to do with the visual basic libraries, so I went through all the references and I can't see anything I might have added since the old version, I'm starting to run out of ideas.

vbr, is your system setup to use any language other than english?

Has anyone managed to use the latest version of phreplace at all?

#123 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2009-10-28 14:25 | IP: IP Logged

phdesigner:

Sure, it works fine over here (XP SP3, OS language German).

#124 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2009-10-28 17:53 | IP: IP Logged

phdesigner:
Hi,

I've tested phreplace on win xp, vista and even a completely fresh install of xp sp2 and I can't replicate the issue. From the error log it looks like it may be something to do with the visual basic libraries, so I went through all the references and I can't see anything I might have added since the old version, I'm starting to run out of ideas.

vbr, is your system setup to use any language other than english?

Hi, yes, I am using the Czech version of Win XP Home SP3 without any special regional settings (all items remain default Czech).
I just tested another notebook with the very same os version and language version; the crash of the new version of phreplace_2_0_23 is the same (on both phreplace_1_4_3 works without problems).

As I mentioned before, that might be a problem of these installations (if there aren't problems on other non-English systems); I just don't know, where to look for possible collisions nor can I reinstall the os just now. Never mind, I hope these problems remain exceptional and most users don't experience them.

vbr

#125 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: phdesigner | Date: 2009-10-29 01:13 | IP: IP Logged

That's great to hear it's working for some.

vbr, I'm creating a new release which will log some debugging information, I'll let you know when this is ready. Hopefully this will allow us to identify where the issue is occuring.

#126 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: phdesigner | Date: 2009-12-20 04:59 | IP: IP Logged

phreplace version 2.0.24 released here:
www.phdesign.com.au

* Handled an error being thrown by the vbscript Regex object when passing in some badly formed regular expressions.
* Added Write to Log setting (which defaults to off) to write some debugging log events to a ‘phreplace.log’ file in the same folder as the ‘phreplace.dll’ library.

vbr, you will need to open the phreplace.ini file and change the line:
WriteLog=False
To:
WriteLog=True

To enable the logging feature.

#127 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2009-12-21 22:39 | IP: IP Logged

phdesigner:
* Added Write to Log setting (which defaults to off) to write some debugging log events to a ‘phreplace.log’ file in the same folder as the ‘phreplace.dll’ library.

vbr, you will need to open the phreplace.ini file and change the line:
WriteLog=False
To:
WriteLog=True

Hi, thanks for the update; however, I can't find the mentioned log file even after activating the above option (phreplace.dll is directly in the PSPad main folder). Somehow the crash seems to occur before the dll is actually used(?).

Compared to the previous 2.x version it takes a bit more time until PSPad is forcibly closed (after calling the phreplace script). Otherwise the behaviour remains the same unfortunately.

I hope, most users can take advantage of the new features added and possibly some solution will be found eventually for the rest of us.
Merry Christmas
vbr

#128 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: phdesigner | Date: 2009-12-30 10:26 | IP: IP Logged

Hi vbr,

I created a new project and added the existing files, removing the reference to the vbscript regular expressions component. You can download it here:
www.phdesign.com.au

that's

h t t p : / / w w w.phdesign.com.au/wp-content/uploads/phreplace-2.1.0-noregex.zip

If you get a chance can you see if it works for you? I wonder if there's something referenced in the project that is causing the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-30 10:30 by phdesigner.

#129 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2009-12-30 18:15 | IP: IP Logged

phdesigner:
Hi vbr,

I created a new project and added the existing files, removing the reference to the vbscript regular expressions component.

If you get a chance can you see if it works for you? I wonder if there's something referenced in the project that is causing the problem.

Hi Paul,
thanks for the effort; unfortunately I keep getting the same crash like with the complete 2.1 version including re. No error log is created either.
I guess, this might be related to my system locale (Czech), as it can't be reproduced on your English system and it also works on West-European locales, as has been reported above.
I tried to change the windows regional settings to English - USA, which lets PSPad behave like on a English windows to some degree (handling of windows ANSI codepages etc.), but I still get the same crash for phreplace.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I can live with the 1.4 version quite well (or use my own javascript replacer for some special cases). So if there aren't any obvious paths to fix this and you don't get any other complaints, we can maybe wait a bit, until there is possibly some more usable data from other non-English/west-European user (if this is realy what matters).

Thanks again and have a nice New Year Eve and happy New Year (which you can enjoy several hours sooner as "locales" are concerned smiling smiley

vbr

#130 Re: Multi-Line Search Add-On

Posted by: ArchCarrier | Date: 2010-03-17 12:04 | IP: IP Logged

Unfortunately I have the same problem as vbr describes: a complete crash without any error message, as soon as I activate PHreplace. Also, no log file is being written, even after I changed the ini-option.

I don't know how to produce error logs, but if you tell me I'll be glad to help you fix the problem.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, English locale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 12:05 by ArchCarrier.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR