You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: cannot display Asian language

Re: cannot display Asian language

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: martinnitram | Date: 2006-06-18 08:15 | IP: IP Logged

martinnitram:
downloaded tried 4.3.3 and 4.5.0 still can display all chinese font (in big5 charset). Tried set different font but still no help.

is still can't display chinese char. (build 2175)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: Nelson | Date: 2006-06-18 08:49 | IP: IP Logged

martinnitram:
martinnitram:
downloaded tried 4.3.3 and 4.5.0 still can display all chinese font (in big5 charset). Tried set different font but still no help.

Can you show me some screenshots?
I'm the Chinese translator and I have no problem with Chinese sad smiley

#13 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: martinnitram | Date: 2006-06-20 23:22 | IP: IP Logged

now it seem ok sad smiley, i will keep an eye on this if any further errorwinking smiley

#14 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: alanchan | Date: 2006-06-22 04:12 | IP: IP Logged

I cannot open/edit Big5-encoded text files with PSPad. Does it support Big5 files or do I need to change some settings?

Symptom 1: If I open a text file containing 4 Big5 characters in PSPad, 8 strange ASCII bytes are displayed instead. The same file can be opened and displayed properly in Windows Notepad.

Symptom 2: If I type 4 Big5 characters in a new file (ANSI) in PSPad, the characters can be displayed. But when I save the file, it stores 4 question marks instead of the Big5 characters.

I tried changing the font to a Chinese fontface but it did not help.

My environment:
PSPad version: 4.5.1 (2207), all settings in default values
Windows XP SP2 (English version), files for East Asian languages are installed under "Regional and Language Options" and I set the language for non-Unicode programs to "Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R.)" so that Big5 can be displayed normally

Thanks in advance! smiling smiley

#15 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: ChrisW | Date: 2006-06-24 00:50 | IP: IP Logged

I've been also experiencing the same problem sad smiley

isulong seoph

#16 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: guann | Date: 2006-08-04 21:01 | IP: IP Logged

Nelson:
martinnitram:
martinnitram:

Can you show me some screenshots?
I'm the Chinese translator and I have no problem with Chinese sad smiley

I've similar problem - 4.3.3 display ASCII with BIG5 ok, but can't display with Unicode. 4.5.1 can't display ASCII with BIG5, but it displays Unicode correctly. yawning smiley

Mine is XP SP2 Eng + Regional Setting sets to Eng. On the "Advanced" tab, I've Chinese as the language for non-unicode program.

Could you advice how to view ASCII with BIG5 in 4.5.1?

Thanks. smiling smiley

Guann

#17 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: brad12 | Date: 2011-06-10 10:31 | IP: IP Logged

I have same problem...I also can't display Japanese. Tell me what should I do. Should I make any changes in setting or there is any browser setting is available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-10 11:08 by pspad.

#18 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: dvorana | Date: 2014-04-03 12:08 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, I had the same problem. Finally I fount this web site with free Japanese fonts:
www.freejapanesefont.com and downloaded the Togoshi Gothic font. Close and open the PSpad again and you will find it in the list of available fonts. Make sure that your coding is UTF-8. It works on my PC with Windows 7.

#19 Re: cannot display Asian language

Posted by: Mystara | Date: 2014-04-04 18:20 | IP: IP Logged

This is a recurring topic on these forums.

If you have Microsoft Office, and it can display Asian Fonts, but you do not see any listed in PSPad.

Office by default sets most of their fonts to hidden. This prevents other programs from finding or using them. To be able to utilize these fonts you must be able to see hidden files and folders on your system.

For instructions look here. Works the same on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Once that is finished, access your fonts folder through your control panel. You should see several fonts that appear shaded. These are hidden. You can then select them all or individually, right click and then select properties. Deselect the hidden check box.

Restart PSPad.

Since PSPad uses Monotype fonts, only those qualifying will appear in the list.

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR