You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > HEX or LESS file type

HEX or LESS file type

#1 HEX or LESS file type

Posted by: ianm777 | Date: 2018-01-16 01:50 | IP: IP Logged

Hail users of the best editor on the planet.
I am trying to understand a web template which uses Twitter LESS files extensively but PSPad does not seem to be able to read these files and I have to use a separate HEX editor to view them.
Is there a HEX file type extension available for PSPad ?
Thanks for reading my query
ianm smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: HEX or LESS file type

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2018-01-16 16:08 | IP: IP Logged

ianm777:
Hail users of the best editor on the planet.
I am trying to understand a web template which uses Twitter LESS files extensively but PSPad does not seem to be able to read these files and I have to use a separate HEX editor to view them.
Is there a HEX file type extension available for PSPad ?
Thanks for reading my query
ianm smiling smiley

Hi,
most likely, someone more knowledgeable will come up with a more useful answer, but is there some specification of the files you are trying to open in PSPad?, what problems are you facing doing this?

As far as I know (or could just look up briefly), a file format called LESS, a superset of CSS, would be a usual text file, hence PSPad should be able to open and display it as such (probably without a dedicated code highlighting beyond the css parts).

Even with a binary file, PSPad should be able to read it using a build in HEX viewer - just open it using Open: Open in HEX Editor (Ctrl+Shift+O),
If the autodetection of binary files is enabled, such files are opened in the hex editor, even if you attempt to open them normally as text.
Are there maybe other problems, or is is some completely differenty file format, you are dealing with?
hth,
vbr

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR