You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

#1 Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: sysmaya | Date: 2017-03-23 23:26 | IP: IP Logged

I have used PSPad for the last 7 years.
Excellent program.
The best to work by FTP, directly accessing the files.
BUT, the option to upload, download and view Arhivos is very much needed. Especially pictures.

With this active option, there is no need to use Filezilla.

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-24 08:03 by Stefan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2017-04-07 08:44 | IP: IP Logged

how is this not a thing yet...
I posted about this problem more than a year ago and it seems like it's impossible. Please have a look at it, an additional option next to the "Send raw ftp command" with "Select file for upload" would be totally sufficient. It doesn't make sense to open another program (file filezilla), establish a connection there, navigate to the same path on the server and on the local side and then upload if you could use the already existing ftp link in pspad and do all this with few clicks.

If that's not possible, can you please check if you can enable the "File" > "Save to FTP" for images or genereally files opened in hex view? You would make a lot of people happy.

Best regards

#3 Re: Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-04-07 08:58 | IP: IP Logged

It's possible, but we need to find a way how to do it for multiple files.
And make form with progress, cause files can be bigger than text files.

Anyway, you can use PSPad scripting to do it using:

Quote:
ftpUploadFile(local_filename, ftp_filename, [refresh]): boolean

uploads local file to current FTP directory, when refresh parameters is send, FTP folder will be refreshed after uload

#4 Re: Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2017-04-08 08:52 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
progess handling would be nice of course and multiple files too but for the beginning, a basic single file upload would be enough. I don't see pspad as a replacement for filezilla or other ftp programs, it's a text editor (with ftp support) thus a rudimentar upload of non-text formats would be acceptable and better than nothing.

Maybe you could make a poll on this or just give it a try and see how the community reacts.

Best regards

#5 Re: Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-04-10 12:28 | IP: IP Logged

viplex:
Hi,
progess handling would be nice of course and multiple files too but for the beginning, a basic single file upload would be enough. I don't see pspad as a replacement for filezilla or other ftp programs, it's a text editor (with ftp support) thus a rudimentar upload of non-text formats would be acceptable and better than nothing.

Maybe you could make a poll on this or just give it a try and see how the community reacts.

Best regards

I added new function into FTP context menu + new FTP toolbar button - Upload file(s). It allows you select several files in open dialog at once and send it to FTP.
It's faster way than open file in Hex edit and upload it.

#6 Re: Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2017-04-13 10:19 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
thank you - very much appreciated.
Do you already know when it will be released/available?

Best regards

PS. I think the email subscribe button in the forum doesn't work. I didn't receive any mail although I am pretty sure to have checked that I want to be notified.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 10:20 by viplex.

#7 Re: Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-04-13 10:30 | IP: IP Logged

I hope this weekend will be new build.
I need to fix:
background running compiler with output catching
some changes in code parser

Forum mail doesn't work, but I don't have time and power to fix it.

#8 Re: Need FTP Feature: Upload Image.

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2017-04-13 18:35 | IP: IP Logged

Sure, no rush, I am very happy that the development is going on.
If you want I could have a look at the forum thing. Maybe you have a testing environment etc. Would love to give something back.

best regards

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR