You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > using various languages dictionaries

using various languages dictionaries

#1 using various languages dictionaries

Posted by: patforkin | Date: 2015-02-17 10:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hallo!
I have just joined but am not a programmer. For the languages I will write in, I need to have various langugae dictionaries.
They are, to begin with, English GB and not US), German and French. Are these languages available? I do not seem to have located them on the web-site.
I look forward to a response.
Thanks and regards patforkin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-20 09:54 by Stefan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: using various languages

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-17 10:58 | IP: IP Logged

German, English, French are available on the PSPad download page. I am not sure about US and British English. PSPad dictionary will contains be mostly british English

#3 Re: using various languages

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2015-02-17 13:28 | IP: IP Logged

patforkin:
Hallo!
I have just joined but am not a programmer. For the languages I will write in, I need to have various langugae dictionaries.
They are, to begin with, English GB and not US), German and French. Are these languages available? I do not seem to have located them on the web-site.
I look forward to a response.
Thanks and regards patforkin.

Hi,
you can download the data for spellchecking in various languages on the download page:
www.pspad.com
(see the list of language names and flags below the program and help files).
You should just unpack the archive files and place the "dic" files in the subfolder "Spell" in the PSPad program directory.

The dic files are actually just text files (windows-ANSII-encoded txt files with extension changed to dic) with words (one word a line). you can check the content of the file, modify it or even replace with wordlists from other sources).

After that, you can select the needed dictionary in
Settings: Spell settings...
(you may use "reload dictionary" after the file is selected).

To have your potential spelling mistakes underlined in editor, make sure to select
View: Spell Check.

Or you can perform a check with a dialog suggesting similar words on each unknown string
Tools: Spell check... (F7)

Note, that you assign the specific language globally - it isn't possible to have parts of a multilingual file somehow marked for checking using different dictionaries (as it it is possible in document processors like word, writer etc.

Hth,
vbr

#4 Re: using various languages

Posted by: Sivir6324 | Date: 2016-12-20 08:11 | IP: IP Logged

Hello, folks! For those who study two or three languages simultaneously, I write a scientific paper with interesting tips and hints for you, follow the link skywritingservice.com

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR